UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Do you need to file FAFSA (or apply to financial aid in some form) to be considered for Regents?

No, for sure, I know that regent’s is independent of financial need.

1 Like

ok, thanks

From what I know, regents is usually given to those with extremely strong leadership prevalent in their application along with focus on community service. I could be wrong but that’s what I know of so far.

1 Like

I thought it was this Thursday since it usually comes our on the 10th of February?

And I seriously doubt that community service + leadership is the sole combination for regents. The university gives it out in hopes of maintaining the strongest alumni possible and to incentivize the strongest candidates to yield. I think it’s safe to say that people who qualify as a regents candidate have some sort of impact on the local (most likely will be very large tho), national, or professional setting. That being said, I know people who have gotten regents who have been rejected by all ivies besides Cornell, so it’s not the most competitive thing to get either

Oh yes absolutely. I mean that GPA, course rigor, etc will all definitely be factors but what I am saying is that what really puts you to the next level of regents (beyond regular acceptance) will probably be community impact.

1 Like

…. Thanks for sharing!

According to UCB website:

The Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship offered by UC Berkeley to entering undergraduate students.

The scholarship is extended to a select cohort of Berkeley undergraduates who stand out for their creativity, leadership, service, and strong convictions. Candidates reflect one of the highest principles of this institution: commitment to excellence.

3 Likes

Do you know if international candidates are eligible?

Whether the decicions are released tomorrow (Wednesday) or Friday, the time that it releases will be 3:30 pm PST, right?

1 Like

Yes, all students including in-state, out-of-state, and international applicants are considered.

1 Like

Where did you find the release date? I seriously thought it was the 10th of February…

In prior years they came out on first or second Friday of February. Found these dates on last year’s threads:

2020: 2/7
2019: 2/8
2019: 2/9
2017: 2/10
2016: 2/12
(All 1st / 2nd Fridays of Feb)

Also, @lkg4answers posted this last year: Last year, email invites to apply for Regents were sent just after 3:30 pm PST on Friday, Feb 7. The email said, “decision updates have been posted to your application for admission at UC Berkeley
[/quote]

2 Likes

Alright so Friday not Wednesday then

It was on 02/10 last year I believe which was a Wednesday.

2 Likes

This was two years ago - 2020.

2021 it was on a Wednesday.

3 Likes

Do you only get an email if you are considered for Regents? Or does everyone get an email. Like if I wasn’t chosen, will I get a message saying something like…Thanks for applying but you will have to wait until March to get a decision.

In the past, they have not sent emails telling students that they were not accepted early.

An extremely small percentage of students receive early acceptance. The vast majority of very highly qualified students receive acceptance in March.

2 Likes

Can those who apply L&S be considered for the Berkeley SEEDS scholarship or is that only Engineering applicants?