UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Do all UC’s release their Regents invites at the same time?

No. They are all handled differently. There’s a post somewhere in this or ucla’s thread that discusses them.

1 Like

UCB releases Regent invites as noted Early February along with UCLA.

UCI will admit Regent scholars and Honors College students end of February-Early March.

UCSB notified Regent scholars in Mid-Late February via snail mail.

The rest of the UC’s will notify Regents recipients with admission decisions in March.

7 Likes

Not all Early admits are Regent scholar invites. Some High Stat applicants are also admitted.

2 Likes

It would be great if those who have already been accepted (Regents or not) could post their stats, including state residency status. TIA.

D got this email too. OOS. Did everyone who wasn’t offered the early admission get one?

3 Likes

I was accepted for regents. 4.8 GPA, In-state, research, leadership, community service heavy application

8 Likes

Does anyone know how many people get regents interviews?

My in state daughter received this e-mail this morning. Decisions are supposed to be released March 24.

3 Likes

Admitted L&S, UC GPA 4.44, UW 4.0, in-state, no regents invite…

4 Likes

Did anyone applying for EECS get regents scholarship or early admission?

Same

Yes my DD OOS got the email, too.

2 Likes

Great information. Thank you!!

@Gumbymom Thank you for answering questions here and in other UC college chats. I look to your simple and clear answers.

7 Likes

Congrats
Did u apply to letters & Sciences or to a particular major/program?

L&S undeclared

1 Like

Anyone here apply to IEOR? My S22 fell in love with the program and refused to consider any other COE major even though he has generally applied to CS/CompE everywhere else.

It is a good major with tons of options to pick a minor or concentration along the way. My D looked at it closely but finally decided to apply for EECS.

Yes. If admitted, he will probably do a minor in CS or EECS. It just feels lonely on these forums since there is very little background admissions info, and not many people seem to be applying to it. Which I guess is a good thing…

1 Like