UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Congrats! Is 4.44 UC capped or uncapped GPA?

I think 4.4 is the maximum UC capped GPA anyone can get by the end of the Junior year

3 Likes

How many people got email about application under review. I got the email for my son
His W GPA 5.04 And UW 3.87
Leadership, research, varsity lacrosse and varsity soccer. Any chances
Oos
He also got into Penn State biomedical engineering. But plan to stay in California

6 Likes

I think everyone got it who did not get regents or other early admit decisions

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s a long wait

1 Like

Can anyone who got in share their stats please thank you

I was also wondering if everyone who applied got the email or only those still under consideration? In other words, is there a group that has already been excluded from further review?

Congrats to all who got in and best of luck to all those awaiting a March decision.

2 Likes

I very much doubt they would show their hand by not emailing those no longer under consideration. Officially, everyone’s application is “under review” until decisions are released.

4 Likes

I didn’t think so but the roll out of these early decisions (some w/ Regents, some w/out; some w/ email, some w/out email) was a bit bewildering so was curious.

1 Like

I got accepted thru early notification.
Stats FYI
Demographic: Asian male, international
Major: Applied mathematics
SAT: 1550, Subject tests 800 in Math 2C, phys, chem in 9th grade
GPA UW 3.97
Intl awards in research and math olympiads, and lots of debating and community service

Hope the best for all of those who applied!

22 Likes

My D22 got the same “under review” email too.

2 Likes

Same!

2 Likes

That isn’t good news. I hope in state applicants get priority this year.

4 Likes

Unbelievable, that’s 24% reduction of all acceptances, reduction of at least 5100 from 21000.
Did I get the numbers right?

1 Like

Yes, that is what it reads to me as well. 21,000 going to 15,900.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how will they figure this out. They should, somehow, give priorities to CA applicants, but they will need more money too.

5 Likes

The graduate acceptances are done and so are early acceptances. So the rest of acceptance numbers will have to be cut to comply unless the supreme court can stay the order. WRT $57 M lost, they will have to make it up with more OOS enrollment unless the state can do something about it. so yea, it will be interesting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh no this is not great. The end of the article mentions that UC is asking the CA supreme court to stay the judgement until the appeal is heard. Anyone know when we’d hear back re: the stay?

1 Like

The state should just pay a bunch from that lovely surplus they have to make sure in-state residents are hit the least due to enrollment reduction.

6 Likes