UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

so now what are we supposed to do? Sit around and wait for another month like a bunch of savages?

6 Likes

I recommend we all use this time to read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. The book was rejected 121 times before it was accepted…and became a classic for all of humanity to enjoy. It goes to show that rejection is not a true measure of one’s quality or destiny.

9 Likes

Application numbers for 2022

1 Like

the numbers are depressing.

9 Likes

and I hear college applications are decreasing nation wide. Not in CA for sure

1 Like

Here is the announcement of fall 2022 applicant numbers. God help us! (But this is good for our country and humanity, so I’m happy about this too :sweat_smile:).

3 Likes

Has anyone received any emails from Berkeley recently outside of the acknowledgement of the outcome of the court case?

no emails yet

1 Like

Would it still be advisable to apply for Financial Aid at Berkeley even though we woudn’t qualify for need-based aid? (We are OOS). DS received an email encouraging him to apply for financial aid to be considered for all types of aid irrespective of income level, but I thought Regents awards were already given. Are there more merit based awards that would require Financial Aid application to be considered? Thanks.

2 Likes

I’d definitely apply. Worst thing is you won’t receive anything. But you won’t know until unless you apply. There are some other scholarships available besides Regents. I’m not familiar with them. Alumni scholarship is one. I believe it takes applications after decisions are released, vs before like Ucla.

Is the withdraw button indicator still true for this year?

For those of you who don’t know about this, when you click “withdraw application”, some people get unauthorized message, the other get either “I wish to withdraw my application” or “I am no longer interested in attending…”

what do you guys see?

I don’t wanna risk pressing it :joy:

It’s fine lol

1 Like

Was it legit last year?

Yep

1 Like

Source: you can browse class of 2025 thread and you will see it was indeed true. What do you see?

I looked at the past thread and it does seem to be true. However, the applicants were also doing it the day it was already coming out. We still have like 26 days till berkeley comes out

What do you see ?

1 Like

I’m too scared to click it :sob:

1 Like

What do you see??