UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Son22 applied to 14 since he knew Mechanical Engineering would be competitive with low acceptance rates. Accepted at 5, waitlisted 1, rejected at 4 and waiting on 4 more decisions. Very stressful for me but he seems to be handling it just fine!

Mine is not out yet.

1 Like

Are you talking about UC Davis portal?

it’s not out and uc berkeley doesn’t come out in waves. please stop spreading misinformation

7 Likes

No - Berkeley. Daughter’s friends are starting to see decisions, but not everyone.

In-state or OOS?

1 Like

Not spreading misinformation at all. But I’ll keep it to myself from now on.

Hearsay?

What is the highest capped UC GPA? I’m confused how to calculate my son’s since his school has a weird schedule, but he has straight A’s and 13 APs so I’m assuming he’d cap it?

We love it, too! The campus is really pretty, the town itself is kind of the perfect college town–lots of local stores and restaurants with a wide variety of types & price points, and it doesn’t feel like there’s a town vs gown issue that I’ve heard is true at some other colleges. Also, close to Sac for great internships and Tahoe for great outdoor adventures.

3 Likes

Here’s how it’s determined: GPA requirement | UC Admissions

1 Like

I was wondering that too! I think they mean they didn’t put in as much padding on the yield so there may be more spots for waitlist kids to get off ?

UC’s have 3 GPA’s. Unweighted out of 4.0, Capped weighted out of 4.4 and Fully weighted out of 5.0.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

2 Likes

Mine not out

@Gumbymom is the UC capped GPA actually a max of 4.44? That’s what I remember reading somewhere. My son’s is 4.42, when calculated on rogerhub. (Weighted uncapped 4.54)

1 Like

They do not release decisions in waves. It will be one drop – like UCLA, UCSD and UCSB!

1 Like

What is the expected time of release based on past years? Trying to figure out when the day here is going to take a dark turn …

1 Like

3 PM PST im pretty sure

1 Like

4.4 is the maximum on the Capped weighted. It is possible to be higher due to P/NP course grades during Covid.

My understanding is that there were some UCB decisions back in February — perhaps they are just checking and seeing those?!

1 Like