UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I can vouch for that. I know many smart families whose kids decided to go to CC and get TAG and transferred to the UC of their choices with a 3.3 GPA and saved their parents tons of money. We were prepared for our daughter to go for that,

2 Likes

let’s just not check! Choose happiness!

18 Likes

It’s not a bad way to go. A lot of my son’s friends did that in 2020 instead of paying high tuition for online classes while everything was in lockdown. In our area in CA CC is free for two years so they saved a lot and didn’t need loans for those classes. Also, a lot of the professors that teach at the universities in our area also teach at the CCs.

2 Likes

I wish my anxiety could allow me to do that!

1 Like

yeah I think i will do just that if my UCI appeal fails, best of luck to yall, unless ofc i get miraculously accepted to Berkeley which we all know is not gonna happen

let’s be optimistic, u got this!!!

4 Likes

In CA, in many cases – if you are set on one school and you are OK missing out on the first two years of the ‘college experience’ – CC is the best route because it’s nearly a direct line of acceptance and in the door.

3 Likes

My son took the CC route and did not have great stats - he was accepted to UCB 3 years ago and will be graduating this May. CC is a great way to go especially if you are on a budget.

8 Likes

I think a few CSUs are still accepting applications. not 100 percent sure tho

Bruh where is this at

Cal Poly Humboldt is I think

5 Likes

Many CC’s offer smaller classes and young enthusiastic professor’s starting out their careers. I had fabulous instructors before transferring from a metropolitan cc to UCLA. I met tons of people when I transferred in! Just keep swimming.

2 Likes

Would you mind to tell us what was his transfer gpa?

its out

2 Likes

Decision out for me!

3 Likes

rejected

I don’t know exactly what it was but it was low 3’s at best.

its out for me.

S22 ACCEPTED! Portal astrology was right.

• Admitted COE - IEOR (originally applied to IEOR + MET)
  • Invited to SEEDS Honors program
  • In-state, ELC
  • 3.9/4.35/4.55 (4.67*)
  • Stellar ECs
  • Very good PIQs
  • No LORs
  • Admitted - UCB, UCSB, UCD, UIUC, SJSU, Purdue, and a few others (CS or CompE)
  • Waitlists - UCI, UCSD
  • Denied - Mudd, UCLA
  • Waiting on UMich
33 Likes

“HumbleTeen” is “PatientTeen”! My teen won’t be home until late and won’t look until then, so I have to be PatientMom.

Denied…
Chemistry
In State
3.92/4.25
no LOR requested

1 Like