UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

is portal astrology right?

3 Likes

My kid, too. Oh well. Not meant to be for her.

Portal astrology correct. Sister denied :frowning: it was a reach for her though

1 Like

waitlisted at UCB

I’m one of those parents :slight_smile: D chose to take the CC route despite UCI acceptance, then ended up at UCD with a 4.0 GPA + Regents scholarship + admission to another program that offered stipend as well. Worked great!

4 Likes

D accepted! Portal astrology was accurate. 4.36 WGPA/4.21 UC GPA, 1580 SAT, NMF, tons of ECs, great recs.

8 Likes

Daughter waitlisted (Econ), OOS.

That’s okay, already got into UCLA (1st choice) & UCSB and few other non-CA schools. Waiting on some super-reach schools now.

Congratulations to everyone accepted!!

6 Likes

Accepted!
OOS, Letters and Science.
Accepted to Stanford REA, UCSD, UCSB, UC Davis, and some others.
Waitlisted at UCLA.
Not asked for LOR.

11 Likes

Daughter accepted! Wow, can’t believe it!

13 Likes

in-state rejected for CS, 3.9/4.2 GPA with weak ECs

Guess I’m going for the UC Merced guarantee or CC if I can’t get my major in it. I’ve read people saying their CSE is pretty good so it works out I suppose. Wishing the best to everyone else out there!

1 Like

hi all! hopped on college confidential because i know berkeley decisions should be coming out right about now and wanted to wish you all luck :slight_smile:

i’m currently a freshman at berkeley and livedddd on these forums last year when i was applying and results were coming out. i know it seems like the whole world right now, but it will be okay! you will be okay!

i know plenty of people at cal who got off the waitlist and even people who got rejected but are living their best lives at other colleges. get up, stretch, and drink some water! you guys all got this!

17 Likes

oos, philosopjy major, waitlisted

1 Like

Son waitlisted

1 Like

Daughter Denied.
Astrophysics
OOS
But accepted at UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UCSC
So makes the decision to go to UCLA that much easier!

8 Likes

D got in, stunned! 4.0 UW/4.28 W literature major

14 Likes

OMG! I got in!!!

21 Likes

We were right all along!!! YAY!

3 Likes

Son accepted!
In-state (norcal)
Undeclared
4.0/4.42 (via rogerhub- may be off due to P/NP semester)/4.54
Avg ECs at best