UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Thank you for your kind reply! My kid’s not home yet.

1 Like

The juicy detail was the email snippet that came in the cancellation email after I unregistered from the admit reception. This is when I started believing in the astrology.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s proof that there’s some element of “roll the die” in college admissions! Congrats on the great acceptances!

2 Likes

SEEDS scholars does not state that you are required to have need-based financial need to be nominated to apply.

The SEED Scholars Honors Program is open to high school seniors interested in becoming leaders and changemakers in STEM, while simultaneously working to encourage, support, and advance histortically underrrepresented/minoritized populations in STEM fields. Students of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.

D22 accepted. This makes our decisions difficult. Congratulations to all those who are accepted!!!

UC UW : 3.96
UC Capped : 4.4
UC Weighted : 4.79

Portal Astrology worked!!! She took multivar calculus from UCB.

Got an invitation to be a SEEDs scholar. I’m dumb stuck in awe now.

Admitted to MIT, CalTech, Harvey Mudd, UT Austin’s Turing Scholars, UIUC, Purdue, UW, UCLA (EE Fast Program), Calpoly SLO and some safeties
Waitlisted at UCSC, UCD, UCI, UCSD
Deferred at Georgia Tech and UMich

She has few of her RDs with one bayarea’s top private school pending (I’m sure we will face rejections there). It’s been a rollercoaster ride, but lot of kids pulled it off. You guys are awesome.

29 Likes

Daughter rejected
OOS - NJ
Art major
1450 SAT’s
4.35 W GPA
6 AP’s
Decent EC’s - 4 years varsity sport

Rejected: UCB, UCLA and UCSB
Waitlist: UCI and UCSD
Accepted: Northeastern, UMich, Rutgers, UMD, UDel and Wisconsin.
Waiting: BU, NYU and GWU

Congrats to all who got accepted.

6 Likes

S22: Accepted
Mechanical Engineering
InState-Central Valley
3.9/4.16/4.16
HS/College Calculus
42 college units all A
Unique sport certificates for min. age etc.

6 Likes

Waitlisted, portal astrology regarding the withdraw form was right

4 Likes

Son (OOS) got accepted (Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences). Invitation to apply to SEED Scholar program.

Waitlisted: UCLA, MIT
Deferred and then Rejected: Caltech, U-Chicago,
Likely Letter: Columbia (Egleston Scholar), Yale (YES Scholar)
Accepted: Georgia Tech, U-Mich, Purdue, UIUC, Vanderbilt (CV merit full-tuition scholarship), WashU (Langsdorf - merit full tuition)

16 Likes

She has some good choices, congratulations to your daughter. We are in NJ as well!!

1 Like

Miracles do happen!!!

My D just got into Berkeley!!!

In state / undeclared liberal arts
4.0 UW / 4.35 UC GPA / 4.45 Uncapped
Weak ECs
LA public HS

UC decisions so far:
Accepted: UCD, UCI, UCSC
WL: UCSB, UCSD
Rejected: UCLA

Will happily take a Michigan loss now!!! Unreal

32 Likes

Accepted!!!
OOS
EECS at College of Engineering!! shocked about that
accepted at michigan, georgia tech, florida, and ucla for computer science and offered scholarship to georgia tech and would be getting paid 15k/year to go to florida (in-state)
portal astrology worked

14 Likes

Accepted- 4.0/4.44/4.69
Also accepted UCLA, UCI- Honors, Cal poly slo
Waitlisted- UCSC, UCD, UCSD,UCSB

10 Likes

We are in the same position of making a difficult decision, but we are thrilled to be, like you are, I’m sure! Congratulations!

4 Likes

Thank you. Was hoping she would get into at least one of the UC’s since her brother is at UCSB. Oh well, most likely sending in a deposit to UMich.

2 Likes

Having no dog in the fight, I’m still pulling for “you” to get a Michigan win, as well! Congratulations!

3 Likes

@Nnacymags Your D has a lot of good options. Where is she leaning?

If the offer just says admitted to L&S, does it mean he got into the major he had applied?

Seriously in shock…but so happy and proud…

S22 Accepted! :bear:
In-state
Physics - L & S
4.22 W / 4.22 CW / 3.96 UW
ELC: Yes
LOR: Yes
Accepted: CSUS (Sac), SFSU, Cal Poly Pomona, San Diego State, CSUF, CSULA, CSULB, San Jose State, Cal Poly SLO, UC Merced, UCSC, UC Davis, UCB
Waitlisted: UCSD, UCSB
Rejected: UCI, UCLA

Congrats to those accepted, best wishes to all! :blush:

9 Likes

Waitlisted EECS. Based on some research and talking to some people there’s a >50% chance of getting off (if someone could verify that would be great). Am I less likely to get off the waitlist if I am going into EECS, a really competitive major?