UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Son got in !

InState
Col of Engg
3.94/4.39/4.5
Accepted : UCLA, UCSB, UCI, UCD, UCR, UCSC
Waitlisted : UCSD

8 Likes

It seems this year is even more so - two years ago when my OOS son applied, it was a bit more predictable. He was accepted at UCSB, UCSD, UCSC, Wisconsin, UMD, GWU, NE and BU and waitlist/rejected by UCLA. All for engineering. He was also waitlist/rejected by UMich and GTech and ED denied at UVA - so the decisions made some sense to us, on a personal level. In any case, I am happy for all the parents and kids who received the great news today, and glad the process is winding down so we can make final decision for our daughter.

1 Like

Accepted CNR Genetics and Plant Biology
UW: 4.0
UC GPA: 4.29
Fully weighted: 4.59

I was too scared to click the button for the astrology thing lol

UC Decisions so far
Accepted: UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UCSC, UCD, UCM, UCR, UCB
Waitlisted: UCI

5 Likes

Forgot to add, he also got an invite for the SEED scholar honors program.

Congratulations to everyone who got in !!

3 Likes

Accepted!! (Out-of-state)

Also Accepted: UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCSB
WL/Rej: None

3 Likes

Crazy my D got aceepted into Berkley, oos , got invited to SEED scholarship !!! This is such a God grace! She got accepted into Rice and Washu today as well!

8 Likes

seems like a lot more acceptances than rejections so far…

1 Like

what is SEED scholarship honors program?

https://seedscholars.berkeley.edu/

You need to be invited to apply.

1 Like

I think the astrology was actually right. The welcome event was patched a couple of days ago, but the withdraw wasn’t.

1 Like

Grandson accepted , rejected Rice and Wash U. He was also accepted to USC in the Merit round.
4.2 wGPA
33 ACT
7 AP
Lots of EC, holds state office
2022 Presidential Scholar Candidate
Governors School
Boys State

5 Likes

Son Rejected- EECS; In-state, southern Ca

No LOR was requested from Cal
UW 4.0, UC capped 4.40, uncapped 4.65
Accepted: UCLA(regent invitation), his first choice. UCSD, UCSB(honor), UCI, UCR, CalPoly SLO, 3 other Cal States.
Rejected: Stanford REA, UT Austin, Cal
Waiting on: USC

Good luck to all!

1 Like

I was invited to apply, but it says the scholarship award is need-based, which doesn’t apply to me. Are there still reasons for me to apply? Thanks!

DS rejected for Mathematics, but he’s not too disappointed. He had heard how difficult this year was going to be for UCs.

In at UCI, UCSC, UCD
Denied at UCB, UCLA

He has some other great choices to consider, in addition to the UCs he got in. Off-topic, but Dean’s Scholarship is in for UCSC kiddos.

Portal Astrology was 100% correct for him.

Congratulations to those who got in and best of luck to others; you’ll find your place soon! :heart:

3 Likes

haha yes… the waitlist extends the torture.

1 Like

oh so that’s why. Son was able to get to the withdraw screen, so we thought he was waitlisted.

1 Like

There is a need-based component to the award. If you do not qualify for need-based financial aid, you will just get the nominal stipend which could vary. If you have need, then you can get up to $10K. You have been invited so you are qualified.

1 Like

Daughter Accepted at Berkeley - Marine Sciences
UW 3.95, weighted 4.2
Lots of ECs, ASB, sports
Also accepted- Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, UC Davis, U Wisconsin, U Pitt, U Minnesota
Waitlisted - UCSC, UCSD, UCLA, UCI
Rejected - UCSB

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Was an email sent out or people just checking their portal?

1 Like