UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Just checking the portal. There is a “check your portal” email, but for my son, at least, it came in a half an hour after the decision was available online. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Daughter got into the GMP

8 Likes

Accepted! Although he’s kinda already has his heart at UCLA.

9 Likes

Son just came home

1 Like

Congratulations! My son is a freshman in the program. London will be amazing!!!

1 Like

Son was:

• Rejected
  • In-state
  • L&S (Pursuing CS)
  • UCGPA - 4.26, UW - 3.96, W - 4.67
  • 12 AP’s - 5’s on STEM AP’s, 4’s on AP WH, AP LIT, AP USH
  • Accepted @ UCD, UCSD, UCSB. WL @ CALPOLY SLO, UCI. Rejected @ UCLA, UCB. Waiting for USC… Will likely attend UCSD (90% sure)

Hope everyone receive the results they wished for. If not, don’t worry. If you care enough to be here, your future is bright!!

2 Likes

Rejected OOS
Molecular and Cell Biology
3.87 UW, 4.71 W
18 APs, 17 Dual Enrollment
LOR: No

Accepted: UCLA, UCSB, & UCSD

2 Likes

ACCEPTED
*Undeclared Math/Physical Science

• In-state, ELC

• 3.95/4.35/4.40

• Admitted - Santa Clara, USD, SDSU, Davis, Cal Poly Slo

• Waitlists - UCSC, UCSD, UCLA

• Denied - UCSB

• Waiting on Madison

7 Likes

Not sure why she was depressed when she got into Davis. We all need to remember that Davis is a world class university also. There are many on this thread who would have been very happy to have Davis as an option.

11 Likes

Accepted in-state
L&S Biology
4.0 UW, 4.92W
12 AP and a few Dual Enrollment

Accepted: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, UCD, Amherst College, Swarthmore College
Rejected: Yale (REA), WashU St Luis
Waitlisted: Johns Hopkins, Pomona College
Waiting for: USC, a few IVies

3 Likes

Daughter rejected
Letter of recommendation didn’t work. ELC in state.

Accepted at UCSD, Davis and Riverside.

1 Like

Accepted in-state L&S

2 Likes

JUST GOT REJECTED BOYS!!! WOOHOO!!! I guess I will be CC transferring. This year is just too sad for me. I know I’m bad, but rejected literally everywhere ■■■■■.

2 Likes

D22 Accepted!!! :tada:
Her dad is an alum, so he is thrilled! :slight_smile:
In state
L&S
UC GPA 4.0/4.31/4.54
Also in at UCLA, UCSB, UCD, UCSC, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Santa Clara, USD, Loyola Marymount (only listing Calif schools - got into several others OOS)
WL UCSD, Harvey Mudd
Rejected UCI, Pomona, Scripps

6 Likes

Daughter Rejected
3.97/4.35

Accepted: UCSB, UCSD, UCD, SDSU (early), CAL Poly (Slo), Long Beach, Purdue

Waitlisted: UCLA, UCI

Also received an appointment to West Point in January. Wanted to wait out her acceptance before she committed to WP.

Good luck to everyone and hope everyone finds a home they LOVE!

4 Likes

please know that wherever you go , you put in hard work and you will do fine. Just have faith and do not let single moment in life define anythng. I promise it will be get better

9 Likes

Yeah thanks. It’s just that my counselor told me that UCSB and UC Davis are target so I expected to at least get in one, and perhaps a waitlist at UCI, but nope. Just literally 6 rejections right out in my face.

5 Likes

Oh absolutely, I went to Davis for vet school and highly recommended it.She was hoping for the schools in bigger cities because she likes very urban environments . Davis is super underrated, the college experience with its amazing college town is fantastic. You can’t really fault disappointment at not getting into what you have your heart set on regardless of the value of other places. Hoping statement of disappointment on this thread doesn’t always require long qualification at the wonderfulness of other institutions.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your pain. With no UC acceptances you may get referred to UCMerced if that appeals to you more than CC.

2 Likes

D rejected OOS

Accepted: UCI, University of Maryland, CU Boulder, UNC Wilmington

Waitlisted: UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UMiami