UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Well, these 3 are like my safety target, so I didn’t really see them as actual acceptances, but more of a safety net. Got rejected from my targets and all my reaches. Basically the ones that matter all rejected me.

Does the admit letter tell you Biology specifically? My S22 just has an admit into L&S

So, time to sign up for an admitted students reception?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

u could always go to cc and transfer to the higher ranked ucs. a degree is a degree at the end of the day. my cousin graduated from merced and is now making 6 figures.

5 Likes

You will do fine what ever you decide but you have some good options. Love the schools that love you back.

Also, just a reminder to all prospective applicants for next year. Select your safety/Likely schools with the intention of attending them and not just an afterthought.

11 Likes

Congrats! Is she still thinking UCLA, or is Berkeley / CNR compelling?

1 Like

S22 accepted (Mechanical Engineering)
In State, Southern CA Public HS (10th in Class of 580)
3.9 UW/4.3 UC GPA/ 4.4 Weighted GPA
6 AP’s (all with 4’s, except one 3), 5 more senior year
Mechanical lead for FRC robotics team
Varsity Volleyball (3 years)
Some community service
strong essays
1550 SAT

Accepted: UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, UCSC, UCR, CPP, CSUF, CSUB, Arizona State
Wait Listed: Notre Dame, CP SLO
Rejected: MIT, Cal Tech
Waiting on: USC, Stanford, Vanderbilt

Surprised that he was accepted at both UCLA and UCB. S20 had similar credentials, but was rejected by both for biological sciences. The only major difference was that S22 went to a less competitive HS and finished much higher in his class.

8 Likes

My son accepted. So surprised.

• In-state. Public school
  • Physics
  • UC GPA:4.12, UC W:4.35 (I think. Maybe wrong)
  • 9(or 10) APs (I think)
  • Many ECs (UCSB SRA, etc.), volunteers. leadership at club.

Here is UC results.

• Accepted: UCR, UCB
  • Waitlist: UCSB, UCD, UCSC, UCSD
  • Rejected: UCI, UCLA
7 Likes

Adding that LOR’s were requested back in December.

Admitted!!
Applied Mathematics

In state
Asian female first generation
4.23 UC GPA
barely at top 10% of SoCal Public school
Decent ECs & essays (I think)

UC decisions
Accepted: UCI (w Regents) UCSB, Cal (invited for Seeds)
Waitlisted: UCLA UCSD
Rejected: none so far!

Waiting for USC since my brother goes there and hoping the best for UCLA waitlist, but leaning toward Cal now!

12 Likes

Been following your posts regarding your daughter. She’s CS interested? Did she get in for EECS or L&S? Are you aware about what is going on re: L&S CS major and does this affect your decision?

We already did! :rofl: :wink: :sweat_smile: :man_shrugging: :grin:

Son Admitted
In-state
L&S: Astrophysics
ELC
Lots of EC’s: research related to major, leadership/teaching related to major, community service, founder of 2 clubs, internship
Excellent PIQ’s that showed a passion for his major and social issues
3.87UW/4.23WC/4.45W
9 AP’s and an online summer astronomy course at Cal (got an A)
Accepted: Cal, UIUC, Hawaii, Univ. of Arizona, NAU, Univ. of Colorado
Waitlisted: UCSD, UCSC
Rejected: UCSB, Rice
Waiting: Wisconsin

So excited and happy and relieved! We were a little dejected after a week of UC waitlists/rejection. They must coordinate on some level. The fact that he took a Berkeley course and mentioned it in one of his essays may have been a factor. He actually really likes the research opportunities available with the Santa Cruz astrophysics program and is on their waitlist. Crazy… I know. We’ll see what happens. Best of luck to everyone!

7 Likes

Thank you!
She is in love with UCLA, but her dad is encouraging her to at least visit Berkeley and experience the campus first-hand before finalizing her decision. She is totally open to that because it is such a top-notch school. She is over the moon to have been accepted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PM me please
It would be nice for her to connect
She will have to decide
Also got in the University of Chicago
We are in LA

Congrats on the UC’s that yoi were accepted into. I know how difficult it is not getting into the school of choice though. Nothing wrong with going to a cc and transferring to a uc of choice. Many people do that and it can save tons of money and make you more competitive in the transfer application. I’d suggest that you really look into Uc riverside. Or merced or Ucsc. They aren’t your top rn. But are good options. You may find that you enjoy a particular aspect of them. Good luck on whichever pathway you ultimately decide to take.

3 Likes

It looks like UCB is the only University that really evaluated their applicants holistically… Others used some algorithm and analytics to select the students.

2 Likes

No. I live nearby. There is a lot of homeless.

2 Likes

waitlisted international for biology

OOS Accepted Sociology/Philosophy
4.2 UC GPA
10 APs, 4s & 5s
3 Varsity Sports
Lots of Volunteer
1510 SAT
Accepted: UCI, UCSD, UCD, UCSB
Waitlisted: UCLA
Really was not expecting so many UC acceptances this year given OOS

4 Likes