D22 admitted
In state, NorCal
4.0 UW / 4.3 CW / 4.4 UC

10th grade - 7 full-year classes, all A’s, 1 AP + 1 Honors

11th grade - 6 full-year classes, all A’s, 3 AP’s
(All 5s on exams)

summer after 11th grade - 1 class [UCLA] A

12th grade, first semester - 6 full-year classes, all A’s, 5 AP’s

4-year Varsity track/cross-country, senior captain, top regional runner in her main event 2021. Good essays and EC’s

6 Likes

DISCORD SERVER FOR WAITLISTED STUDENTS

FOR ALL THE CLASS OF 2026 WAITLISTERS!!

Our year (CLASS OF 2025) was quite different than the previous years. We had 2 waves consisting of almost 90% In-State Changemaker kids.

Dates were Tuesday, May 10th (small but adequate) and Tuesday, May 24th (this one was super small).

The glitch is when the yellow box shrinks and the bear is only there and it always happens between 11 AM - 1 PM PST.

Our waitlist got extended from June 1st to June 30th (I anticipate that it will get extended even more cuz that is how Berkeley is).

The moral of the story is that do not depend on the Berkeley waitlist and don’t get your hopes up too high because they waitlisted quite a lot of kids after being test blind. No point holding any hope after the second wave is done.

The point that I want to make fully clear is: OPT INTO THE CHANGEMAKER PROGRAM IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO TO UC BERKELEY (if you are instate you will most probably get in if you select this program).

Otherwise, it is okay if you do not get off the waitlist (I know it can be heartbreaking, but in reality, this school is quite competitive).

I myself was an out-of-state kid who opted into the changemaker and FPF program as an L&S Economics major, and of course, I did not get the result I anticipated.

It is still a great accomplishment getting waitlisted from this high caliber of a school, and regardless all of you guys will be fine and successful.

Edit: Waitlist was closed June 30th, Wednesday around 6:01 PM PST

4 Likes

Congratulations to all the students who got accepted to Berkeley today!! We all are excited to hopefully attend UC Berkeley in the fall.

BUT……

Fair warning for students wanting to pursue CS in the College of Letters and Science. I spoke with an advisor in the CS department and was told that there is a new policy that has been voted on and approved by the faculty department that will limit undeclared majors from taking the essential classes to declare as a CS major. This policy will (if enacted) prevent L&S undeclared students from taking CS classes. I’ve been told that no matter when this policy is enacted, before or after May 1st, the restriction on CS classes will apply to the Fall Class of 2022 (no grandfathering exceptions will be made). Professor Nicholas Weaver on Reddit has explained that if you are an incoming freshman in L&S but didn’t indicate CS, it will be impossible to get into CS as a major. I was very shocked when I read this on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/berkeley/comments/tjnxcd/whats_up_with_eecs/

The failure of the CS Dept. to communicate this policy change to the public will affect a lot of incoming freshmen, so I advise everyone to dig deeper into this issue, whether it be calling the CS advisors or emailing the EECS department. Here’s the link below.

https://eecs.berkeley.edu/people/leadership

3 Likes

S22 accepted college L and S but declared physics(?)
4.0 uw/4.65 wuc
8 aps
Eagle Scout
President of drama program
Little volunteering except scouts
French fluent ( lived abroad for some years)
Accepted UCLA , UCD, UCSC (with merit money!?!)
Wl UCSB, ucsd
Rej U Chicago

In state Bay Area
So proud! Now to decide between UCLA and Berkeley
Waiting on Carnegie vassar and Wesleyan but will prob choose here…sister at UCSB seems surreal when I look back when we all wondered what would be, right?

4 Likes

Thank you for the update. I am very surprised this information was not formally relayed to applicants applying this admission cycle or at least grandfather in this years class. Not a good move on UCB’s part.

3 Likes

My daughter asked me if she can contact him?
If so, I will PM you her email
I am very excited about this

S22 admitted EECS
In-state
GPA (UC): 4.4
9 APs
Advanced Math courses in CC
ECs related to CS and martial arts
Admitted in-state: UCB, UCSD, UCD, UCR, UCSC, UM
Admitted OOS: UIUC, UMass, UMD, UWisc
Deferred: GTech, Mich
Wait list: UCI, UCLA
Rejected: MIT, Caltech

5 Likes

Berkeley EECS is the king. Totally different level from UCLA CS

4 Likes

Rejected
OOS
Pre-Business
UW 3.95/UC Weighted 4.65/UC Weighted and Capped 4.14
Accepted UCI, Waitlisted UCLA

admitted
in-state (LA area)
political science (L&S)
3.98 UW / 4.23 W / 4.33 UC

7 AP’s (including this year), 5s on the three APs taken so far
1520 SAT (National Merit Finalist using 1470 SAT)

main ECs/awards:
speech & debate - event co-captain, board positions
newspaper - page editor
social science research + silver medal from Harvard Int’l Review
girls state + student election volunteer
scholastic regional gold key

Accepted: WashU, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UC Davis, UW Seattle honors
WL: n/a
Rejections: n/a! (unless you count QB National College Match Finalist)
Waiting on: Boston University, CMU, Tufts, Brown, UPenn, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Yale, Stanford, UNC Chapel Hill

No additional info + LOR was requested, portal astrology was accurate.
No rejections so far !! plenty of scholarship rejections though, and the schools ahead are tough. overall very blessed :]

11 Likes

Hey. I love in Oakland, and I love it.

3 Likes

It seems unlikely that UCB would attempt to implement this backdoor policy without notifying the applicants up front. That’s a class action waiting to happen. I appreciate Weaver bringing this to the public’s attention, but I highly doubt it’s going to go through.

3 Likes

Turns out the SEED program application invite is based on some basic qualifications, according to their website. Applicant must have completed the FAFSA, taken or be taking at least one calc course, have a min of 2 community service activities, have taken or be taking 2 AP stem exams, avg score of 4 or better on all AP stem exams taken, and minimum 3.0 gpa.
Good luck to all of you applying for the program, it seems super intriguing.

1 Like

D -Waitlisted - Biology

UC GPA 4.1 WGPA- 4.4

Waitlisted: UCB, UCI, UCSD, UCSC

2 Likes

S22 Rejected
In-state
CS L&S
4.0 UW, 4.72 W
Accepted to UCD, UCSD, UCSC
Rejected from UCLA, UCB
Waitlisted at UCI, UCSB

He was bummed about the rejection, but he is happy with the choices he has.

4 Likes

My son got in today. He’s already accepted and we paid the deposit. He has been fully in for Cal Berkeley his entire scholastic life.

32 Likes

I encourage you to look closely at the Reddit post and to call the CS advisor at Berkeley. I couldn’t believe my ears!! Let me know if you hear or read otherwise. I’ve been looking into this for the last 4 days…very discouraging.

1 Like

S22 Rejected
L&S Biology
4.36W
Accepted - UCSB, UCD, UCSC, UCR and multiple OOS schools with honors and scholarship.
Waitlisted - UCSD
Rejected - UCB, UCLA