UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

It took a couple of days for me.

Hi - got a mail on SSWANA initiative that mentioned community building ,piloting living learning communities etc. not sure what to make of it. Any pointers? D22 submitted the housing app already. Not sure if/how one leverages this. Thanks

I found a loophole with college admissions enrollment deadlines. For example at Berkeley I technically accepted the offer but never paid the deposit. So now I have until May 8th to make a decision. Also what’s the other school. Maybe I can give you some reassurance if u aren’t able to change :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tip about applying to coops now for next year. We will get our son registered.

USC Marshall. I wrote an email to the admissions counselors in my region. Do you know any other way I could get in touch with them?

Any idea when tuition statements come out and are due? Also, is the estimated tuition costs fairly accurate on their CalNet page? We are OOS. Thanks.

Yes the tuition estimates should be accurate on the CalNet page. According the website:

• August 20: First installment or full payment of fall semester tuition and fees are due.
1 Like

is anyone able to see the amount of seats left for fpf?

Hi - I was looking for college published academic calendars ( the way school districts do showing winter vacation etc) . I saw this Academic Calendar < University of California, Berkeley . The winter time off seems very similar to what we see in schools. Is this the right URL to reference? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Freshman Edge is one of the student tasks in Cal Central. What is it? Is this like taking summer classes? Thanks

It’s not hard to find housing (at least it hasn’t been for my current junior). Its hard to find inexpensive housing. We pay $1260/month for a 2 bed apt she shares with 2 other girls. They split the larger room and pay a little less. She has a single.

2 Likes

Yes it is

1 Like

See Freshman Edge | Berkeley Summer Sessions . Basically, it is a program where pre-frosh can take normal summer session courses at UCB.

1 Like

Anyone else hear from Bowles Hall?

Have some kids started hearing about housing? (Bowles was not one of my child’s selections)

Bowles Hall is owned by Cal but leased by a non-profit foundation founded by alumni who lived there. It requires a completely separate application.

Oh, ok! thanks!

My kid lives there and they are still working on the transfer student applications.

Does your kid like living in Bowles? Ours was offered a spot for next year.

She absolutely loves it. Going into her 3rd year there and will be living in the “Wonderdome” after living in the smallest room in the building last year! Feel free to PM me with questions.