UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Or the expected waitlist rate?

No numbers on how many were waitlisted this year, but you can look at the numbers from previous years, at the top of this thread. You can see a steep decline in number of students admitted from the waitlist in the last few years.

My son has accepted the waitlist spot, but Iā€™m advising him not to hold his breath waiting, and instead to get excited about the other great options where he is admitted!

The number of waitlisted for this year are not yet posted but I have data in the 1st post on this discussion thread for previous years. The waitlist admit rate varies from year to year so there is no way to predict how many will be admitted this year. It is all dependent upon how many admitted students enroll by May 1 and if they have spots available.

About the Fall Program for First Semester, Iā€™m hearing that opting into it will give me a higher change of being accepted, is that true??

Does anybody know how to format the unofficial transcript? I couldnā€™t find anything about it in the FAQs either.

Historically, most of the L&S admits were placed into the FPF program so it might be worth accepting that option.

Also, should I consider sending them a letter of continued interest if theyā€™re no longer accepting essays this year?

1 Like

The UCā€™s do not consider an applicants level of interest in their application review so do not send any documentation including LOCIā€™s if not requested. By opting into the waitlist, you are showing your interest.

My son simply submitted the PDF transcript with mid year grades from his high school. (The same one from his counselor that was sent to other schools requiring mid year grades.)

how do you submit the transcript? Canā€™t see an upload materials option

1 Like
  1. Submit the Wait List Opt-in form
  2. Go back to the main status page and check for the option to upload a transcript under ā€œUpload Materialsā€
3 Likes

I heard that the UC campuses increased the cap spaces for enrollment. Would this positively affect the waitlist decisions?

Time will tell.

we donā€™t have an upload materials option

1 Like

My son is waitlisted and there is no option for transcripts or a spot to select a different pathway program, as well.

Is his major in the College of L&S?

No his major is in the College of Natural Science

Only L&S majors get the FPF option. Regarding the transcripts, this yearā€™s waitlist policy is new so maybe log in again in a few hours or tomorrow to see if it will allow you to upload transcripts.

2 Likes

I just got the message to upload a transcript. Its asking for ā€œUnofficial transcript with final term gradesā€ Anyone know what this entails and if its only asking for first semester grades? Or first semester + current second semester grades? My grades arenā€™t finalized until June

Upload the grades you have from 1st semester and it should show the courses in-progress for 2nd semester. You cannot wait until June to upload the complete transcript since the deadline for the Waitlist is April 15.