UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

my appeal just got rejected, anyone else?

Yup. ■■■■

Rejected. Saddest moment ever.

My appeal also got rejected. It’s ok tho

I havent gotten any update on my appeal

same here

did you get an email about it or did you just check the applicant portal?

no update on appeal for me either. what majors did you guys apply for?

How about in the previous years? Did any people from waitlist get admitted into the FPF program? If so, when do they generally hear those decisions?

1 Like

I did not see any waitlisted admits for last year post that were admitted into FPF but 2 years ago for Fall 2021, pretty much all College if L&S waitlist admits were admitted into FPF.

Historically, the FPF waitlist admits were notified on the same schedule as the regular waitlist admits.

1 Like

can u send a pic of what the appeal rejection looks like?

2 Likes

it won’t let me send a screen shot for some reason but this is what the email said:

*"We’re writing to share that your appeal for admission has been reviewed and the decision to uphold the original decision remains. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission to UC Berkeley. *
We wish you every success in achieving your educational goals."

hopefully not hearing back yet is a good sign but gl, it was a long shot anyways :heart:

3 Likes

It’s been close to a month since the last wave. Not sure if there is anything left.

I find it strange that berkeley chose to only release some of the appeal results. i wonder why. my portal indicators still look the same :confused: @Gumbymom if you have any insight to this year

Appeals are done on a case by basis so decisions to do not come out at the same time.

son just got off waitlist for economics. Not clear from the letter if this is for econ as it just says Letters and Science. No mention of housing. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

I just got off as well. Econ major but letter doesn’t state which major exactly.

1 Like

Did your son send any other documentation like final year transcripts?

Did you send any documentation other than filling out the form?

Congrats!