UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

just filled out the form and sent mid year transcript

Oh! how did you send mid year transcript? Since they didn’t ask. By email to admissions?

Thanks for the info!

was able to attach it in the admissions portal at the time of accepting the waitlist

trying to find out if definitely into econ

At the time of opting into the waitlist, some students were given the option to upload a transcript.

There are a couple of comments that after submitting the waitlist opt in, you can go back and upload the transcript while some students were specifically asked for transcripts.

Did people who got in today apply as freshmen or transfers? Thank you!

freshmen

Both appear to be Freshman waitlist admits.

There is no separate Transfer waitlist discussion for UCB that I could find, but you can follow the regular discussion thread for transfers here: UC Berkeley Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

Or you can start your own UCB Transfer waitlist discussion.

thanks - his head is now spinning !

I’m a freshman. NorCal. I uploaded a transcript as well.

I checked with a classmate who got in on 4/30. He’s Econ major too and his letter just said L&S.

thank you!

1 Like

I see. So both these cases submitted transcripts when the portal was open for transcripts. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Did you upload while the option was available to upload?

Urgent question - do students accepted off the waitlist get GUARANTEED housing?

From the UCB Waitlist FAQ’s:

Q: If I am admitted off the waitlist, do I still receive the housing priority?
A:
Yes, waitlisted admitted students will receive a housing offer, IF you complete the housing application by the deadline to accept your offer of admission and you indicate “any room, any location” as one of your preferences. Housing priority can be jeopardized if you do not meet your deadline to accept your offer of admission. Please check MAP@Berkeley for more information.

I just got in a couple hours ago to L&S. I am also an econ major. Good luck to those still waiting.

3 Likes

Yes, it was during that window. I remember that option disappearing soon after.

Are waitlist decisions coming out based on the college itself or major?