UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Just got off waitlist for comp Sci for eecs, been waiting for this one :pray:t3:

7 Likes

Wow, the UC WLs having been buzzing this year unlike the most recent 2-3 years where there was absolutely no movement.

Congrats on Berkeley EECS!

3 Likes

Daughter got in also this morning (7/5) for Letters and Sciences. We canā€™t see her major stated anywhere. Where did you guys see this?

2 Likes

I logged in here [apply.berkeley.edu/apply/status] and opened the application status update message, which listed my major and college

1 Like

Thank you for responding. Her letter stated the College, but nothing about major. Not sure what this means

1 Like

The College of L&S does not admit by major since all students need to take the required courses to declare so other than High Demand majors, the major listed has no impact.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like sheā€™s sticking with UCI, but still honored to have gotten the ā€œyesā€ from Berkeley

2 Likes

just check if it is EECS (College of Engg) or CS(College of L&S) as these are 2 different majors, one is BS in EECS, the other is BA in CS

Anyone get in off waitlist for Rausser College of Natural Resources yet? I donā€™t see any mentioned yet.

What has the trend been for waitlist admits? I know that there was a wave in late May and then another wave in June and the last wave was a day or two ago. Most majors for the past two waves were for EECS and it looks like there were some for College of L&S, but the majors seem to be scattered around.

hiā€¦ my son got admitted off waitlist yesterday (07/05) to the major of Society and Environment in the Rausser College of Natural Resources. Originally he was debating between UCI or UCSD. He chose UCI. Now with this pleasant surpriseā€¦ wellā€¦ Decisionsā€¦ Decisionsā€¦ :slight_smile:

Primary: Environmental Science
Alt: Society and Environment

9 Likes

Congratulations to all those who got off last few days!

Have there been any international admits from the waitlist?

I just got off the waitlist for College of Letters and Sciences! Does anyone know if freshmen off the waitlist get guaranteed housing? I tried to call the office but they are closed until the day I have to make a decision.

1 Like

Congratulations! When did you receive the acceptance mail?

The housing deadline for students admitted off of the UCB admissions waitlist is the same day as their deadline to accept admission. Waitlisted admitted students will receive a housing offer, IF they complete the housing application by their admissions deadline and indicate ā€œany room, any locationā€ as one of your housing preferences. Housing priority can be jeopardized if you do not accept your offer of admissions by your deadline.

https://housing.berkeley.edu/resources/faqs/incoming-first-year-student-faqs/

Thanks! I heard yesterday around 12 pm

Got it, thank you so much

1 Like

My daughter is still waitlisted at UCB. She recently got three 5s on her AP tests. We are wondering if can we send AP scores to UCB? And would that make a difference? Thanks!

UCB will not accept any documentation other than was listed upon opting into the waitlist. It is too late into the process to make any impact.

Got it. Thanks!