UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Update: Son has decided to accept UCB offer and informed UCI of his withdrawal. We hope that open spot will now go to the UCI waitlist candidates. This was absolutely a tough decision as both schools are fantastic.

7 Likes

Congratulations on his decision and best of luck to him.

1 Like

Congrats to your son! About how long was he given to respond to the waitlist acceptance?

Have any international applicants been admitted off the waitlist yet?

Have any WL applicants been admitted into the FPF (First Year Pathway) program?

My daughter was admitted off the waitlist last week (to college of letters & sciences) and there was nothing about FPF. She didn’t accept. Deadline was last night for a response. I haven’t really heard anything about FPF as a requirement for those getting off the waitlist. Two years ago it seemed like those few who got off the waitlist were required to do FPF.

Congratulations to your daughter for getting admitted off the waitlist. Which college is she planning to go?

1 Like

Thanks! She’s going to stick with UCSD. In the end since we are in-state, UCs just made more sense financially for us than any of the private school options she had. And although she would have preferred UCLA above all others, that’s the one school that didn’t even waitlist her. UC Berkeley is just way too close to home (short walk) and doesn’t feel like enough of a learning/growing experience for her. So UCSD it is.

5 Likes

Notice given on July 5th of acceptance off Waitlist w/ deadline of EOD July 11th to decide.

Admitted but did not have any option or notice of FPF.

1 Like

Makes sense, congratulations again and best wishes to your daughter.

has anyone gotten rejected yet? I am still on the waitlist despite being well into july

1 Like

same

Historically, when does Berkeley usually close the waitlist?

2022; July 9
2021: July 13
2020: July 28.

Dates when waitlist was closed.

2 Likes

a “funny” typo - 2031

1 Like

Edited post. Thank you

1 Like

The fact that your daughter got admitted 2 weeks ago gives me hope tbh. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully they come out soon

1 Like

Fr!! I can not wait to receive my decision. It’s either heartbreaking or stressful cuz I have to change my I-20 which takes forever

Im just going to assume that everyone still on the waitlist is due for a rejection but I wish berkeley would hurry up for my peace of mind.