UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

The text box regarding unofficial transcript of final term grades says to upload the transcript if requested. Should waitlist students still send a pdf of 1st semester grades? even if it wasn’t explicitly requested

should I send them additional information and updates?

What exactly is the FPF program? Is it not an enrollment into Berkeley campus?

1 Like

is there a LOCI option for the waitlist people? I cant seem to find it

No, LOCI since UCB does not consider an applicants level of interest. Only submit was is asked for since opting into the waitlist shows interest.

1 Like

FPF like a Spring admit or start. Info here: https://fpf.berkeley.edu/

1 Like

Only send what they ask for but if unsure contact admissions. You have until April 15.

Please go to MAP@Berkeley, and follow the instructions to remain on the waitlist (opt in). Remember, if you want to remain on the waitlist, you MUST let us know by 11:59 PM, April 15, 2023 Pacific Time.

Wasn’t there a big housing problem last year?which is why they only accepted 44 waitlist kids. That got resolved right?

This was the issue last year but they also enrolled the largest Freshman class in History.

Do you believe that they’d have it resolved by now?

Yes, they had those issues from last year resolved prior to Fall 2022.

does this increase the chance for waitlist?

Historically, many to most of the L&S waitlist admits were placed into FPF. Not sure by selecting that option would give an advantage but if interested, then worth selecting.

2 Likes

do you know when they will release appeals.

Appeals usually released after waitlists but it can vary. Not something to count on before May 1.

so if i’m in state, should i basically consider myself rejected? i was waitlisted at uc berkeley but i am instate so i don’t know if i should have any hope at all :frowning:

What are the chances for international students to get admission after being Waitlisted?
Are there any statistics of how many Canadian students are accepted each year and this year?

1 Like

Waitlist admits are not broken out by residency so no way to know your chances.

1 Like

Do you think they will be adding a waitlist LOCI / Essay whatever? Ik they had one last year, confused why they dont have on this year. I have some pretty good updates i’d like to share, just wondering

1 Like

I would assume that the waitlist essay is not part of the waitlist opt in for this year. UC Davis also dropped their essay for waitlisted applicants which seems to be a trend. I would imagine that having to read another 8,000+ essays was too much for admissions.

UCB like all of the UC’s do not consider an applicants level of interest in their application review so just by opting in you are showing them you are interested in attending.

Time to move on and get excited about our other acceptances. Love the schools that love you.

1 Like