UC Berkeley? Or not?

Ok, I seem to have new dilemmas about this everyday, but here we go:
I am applying to UC Davis, Irvine, UCLA, UCSD. I’m an international student (but US citizen)
SAT score: 2120
Will be taking my SAT subjects. Prob above 700 in maths 2 and chem.
Obv, don’t have a gpa- but I wasn’t at the top of my class or anything special, slightly above avg student.
Very little ECs, no leadership positions, very little volunteer work. Played the violin for many years (gave exams)
My essays are pretty strong. Also, quite a complicated past.
With my stats, I doubt I’m close to either UCLA/Cal. I know Cal is the best for everything- I’m interested in biochem/chem btw, maybe premed- and it was on my list before, but I might have to cut it out due to financial reasons and only apply to 4. Should I cut out Cal, or something else? Also, if I apply to college of chemistry at Cal, app says that my essay should be about chem and career plans in chem etc. I have that ready, but its not the strongest essay, I would rather submit another one which is better. Can I submit 3? I may apply to BA Biochem in Cal, but not my fav option. I am not sure whether I will get instate tuition at UCs or not (pls don’t ask why, its complicated) but if I don’t, I see no reason to increase the number of colleges where I will pay humungous amounts of OOS tuition :confused: Any suggestions?

I’m not a huge fan of going to Cal (I prefer UCLA/UCSD) and the only reason why I have this dilemma is because I feel that if I apply to all the other UCs, it makes no sense to leave out Cal. And of course, Cal beats everyone else in terms of academics. Also, its the closest to home :stuck_out_tongue: (I have a parent living in California)

If you’re not a huge fan of going to Cal, don’t apply. You are not obligated to apply to any UC, especially because it is so expensive to do so. I had this dilemma about UCLA and UCSB. Ultimately, you shouldn’t feel obligated to apply to places you can’t see yourself at.

I am not talking about stats/GPA/ECs–before applying really ask yourself if you can see yourself at the school if accepted. Good luck!