UC Berkeley Provisional Contract

<p>Hey everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle. I’m a transfer student going to UC Berkeley this fall and I’m afraid my final grades will amount to a GPA lower than 3.0. I haven’t gotten all of my grades yet, but one of the classes I’d for sure thought I’d get an A in (or at least a B) I received a C (I’ve emailed the professor asking why). Along with this, I already know about a plausible C I’ll be getting, which would’ve been fine assuming that I’d gotten an A in the aforementioned class. With two C’s, my GPA will be about a 2.8. I’ve had some family issues this semester, but if it turns out that my GPA is under a 3.0, is my admission in serious jeopardy? I’m waiting on contacting Berkeley until all of my grades are released. Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>Once you know for sure you have less than a 3.0 (after you get all of your grades), contact your Berkeley admission officer to notify him or her and offer an explanation. The Berkeley admission officers have a lot of latitude in granting waivers and making exceptions, so make your case to your admission officer and hope for the best.</p>