UC Berkeley Regents' vs UCLA (comp sci)

Hi all!
I have come upon a hard decision to make.
I have been accepted to UC Berkeley in the College of Letters & Science, hoping to declare as a Comp Sci major, and I have also received the regent’s scholarship after interviewing.
I have also been accepted to UCLA in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Sciences for Comp Sci, which I found out was the hardest major to get in to in the engineering school at UCLA. Matter of fact, the engineering school is the toughest to get into in general at UCLA.

Problem with Cal is that you have to apply into the Comp Sci major roughly after your sophomore year with at least a 3.0+ GPA. I’m not sure if all applicants who apply with a 3.0+ GPA automatically qualify for the Comp Sci major… I believe there is still other parts considered. So what happens if you do not get chosen into the Comp Sci major? Was all the two years of study wasted and you will need to chose another major?

CAL PROS:
-regents benefits: $2500/yr, priority enrollment, etc.
-in the tech industry area, easier for job connections
-better in comp sci in general
cons:
-need to reapply to get in comp sci major
-what happens if you don’t get in the major?

UCLA PROS:
-admitted in the engineering school with comp sci as major
cons:
-closer to home??

What do you guys think!!! I’m having so much trouble deciding. Thanks so much for your answers in advance. Finance won’t that big of a deal…they’re pretty close

Go to UCLA. Tech Industry is slowly creeping in to Los Angeles Area too, so you could easily make connections out here. Also, you would not have to worry about hopefully getting in to the Berkeley Comp Sci program, when you could easily go to UCLA and still get a top-tier education. Lastly, you could meet some awesome people, particularly me! haha jk

Cal Regents is a very strong network, and if you’ve earned your place there you’ll likely have no trouble getting into any of your choice majors. That said, find out exactly what requirements you’ll need to apply to comp sci - it’ll be as easy as calling the comp sci advising office (they want you there!) or posting in the facebook group. I recommend doing both.

UCLA isn’t a “second choice” by any means, but the benefits of regents can’t be beat.

My daughter also got into Berkeley with Regents and into the Arts and Sciences. The Computer Science in the Arts and Sciences department doesn’t need applying for. It is separate from the CS of the engineering school. So you can major in CS from the Arts and Sciences department.