UC Chances?

<p>I’m currently in a school with a block schedule and I have about a 3.7 unweighted gpa, 3.8 weighted.
Freshman Year Grades- Mostly A’s and a couple B’s
Sophomore Year- Mostly A’s and a couple B’s. I had straight A’s for two terms. I didn’t take honors/AP classes this year because my parents told me not to
Junior Year- Started off pretty rough. I challenged myself this year. 1 term + 2nd term I received mostly B’s and a couple A’s. But I received my first C+ in my life in honors alg 2/trigonometry :(, but then I improved to a B+ the next term
-In 3rd + 4th term, I finished strong with straight A’s
-took AP Us History and got an A
Senior Year- I’m not taking AP classes. Hoping for Straight A’s</p>

<p>Test Scores: Took the SAT once so far and got about a 1600. I’m taking it 2 more times and hoping for huge improvement!!</p>

<p>Extra Curricular Activities:
-Piano lessons(5 Years) and Guitar(3 Years)
-Softball for 2 years, recreational and JV in freshman year
-Tennis for 4 years- 1 year recreational, 3 years Varsity
-Library Volunteer
-Learning Center Volunteer
-Middle School Mentor/Tutor
-Over 100 hours of community service, I don’t really keep track after 100
-Students Helping Students/ Leadership Class- Peer Counseling program at my school(1 year)</p>

<p>My biggest regret is not joining honors society or the california scholar club, but I’m planning to join more clubs next year!
How does everything look right now?</p>

<p>I will submit mine for comparison. </p>

<p>GPA: (3.7/4.2)
SAT: 2000 (Didn’t submit)
ACT: 32
Grades about half As and Bs, probably more As
11 APs (I think my biggest help)
Played Ice Hockey all my life
Some job experience
Pretty much no other ECs
A few academic achievement awards from school
Honors society
Pretty bad essay</p>

<p>Also, I got suspended sophomore year. Had to explain that on the essay. Probably hurt my chances.</p>

<p>With all that, I applied to UCLA, UCB, UCSD, UCD, and Cal Poly all for Mechanical/Aerospace engineering. I only got into UCD for Aerospace Engineering, and UCSD for undeclared liberal arts (apparently was my 3rd choice major) so now I go to UCD. </p>

<p>I think you have a stretch chance. Retake the SAT and TAKE THE ACT! I think it is much easier if you are science minded. If you get better scores, you should have at least a decent chance for UCD, UCI, UCSC, and UCSB.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Niklas, what year did you apply?</p>

<p>You need to get your test scores up substantially (by around 300pts) to be a serious UC candidate. That’s not unheard of with signficant prep. Even then, UCB, LA are going to be out of reach. With an 1900-2000 SAT - SD, D would be maybes SB, SC M, I and R should be reachable.</p>

<p>I’d encourage you to apply to a handful of CSUs while you are are it. (even if your SATs don’t jump by that much).</p>

<p>UC Riverside and UC Merced are options if you get your SAT up a bit.</p>