UC Chances?

Hey guys, I don’t know if I am supposed to make a new thread for this but I didn’t want to hijack someone else’s thread. I would really appreciate it if someone could “chance me”. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Major: Human Biology and Society, Biology, or just Undeclared
I will be applying to the College of Letters and Sciences at UCLA, UCB, UCSB, and UCSD.
Unweighted GPA: My school doesn’t do unweighted GPA, but I calculated it myself and got 3.9 (I don’t know if I did it correctly though)
Weighted GPA (capped): 4.14
SAT I (breakdown): 780 writing, 710 reading, 640 math–2130 total
ACT (breakdown): 28 science, 31 math, 33 reading, 33 writing–31 composite
SAT II: N/A
AP Scores: I got a 5 in AP Biology and a 5 in AP US History.
IB Scores: N/A
Courses you are taking senior year: Environmental science, AP Statistics, Advanced English Literature, Advanced Spanish IV, Physics
(I would have taken more APs this year but my school makes it difficult, I had to take physics as a grad requirement, and there are not too many to choose from.)

Awards: I’ve won 4 Best Speaker Awards at JSA Debate conferences, got a Gold Award for the National Spanish Exam two years in a row (96% percentile), Silver Award for National Latin Exam, Outstanding Delegate Award at M.U.N. conference, High Honor Roll for 6 semesters, ServSafe Food Handler certification
Extracurriculars: Participate in all the school musicals/plays with leading/supporting roles, wrote and directed my own play twice for school’s play festival, President/secretary of JSA Debate team, head of prom committee, head of winter ball committee, Executive Activities Coordinator on Student Council for 3 years, Spanish Honor Society, International Thespian Society, Varsity Swim Team for 3 years, M.U.N. for 2 years, Choir for 3 years, Chamber Choir for 1 year

Volunteering: 2 hrs/week volunteering in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit and Emergency Room of my local hospital, also did math tutoring in my freshman and sophomore year for 3rd/8th graders, also volunteered at my local youth center as a snack bar attendant for a summer

Work Experience: I was hired at the Youth Center as a snack bar attendant and have been working there for 2 years, I also did an internship this summer with the Professor of Terrorism at the Naval Postgraduate School and will have some of my work published in her upcoming report, recently worked at a program for girls called the Perry Initiative that was hosted by Stanford and focused on bioengineering and orthopedic surgery

Essays: For my first essay, I am talking about being the head of prom committee and the leadership skills I learned while managing the chaos. For my second essay, I’m writing about my experiences in JSA and how I feel that my greatest talent is my aptitude for oratory. For my third essay, I’m writing about the summer that I spent studying abroad in Spain, emphasizing how I improved my Spanish and gained cultural awareness. For my final essay, I’m writing about how I express my creative side through playwriting and am going to tell the story of how I got my first play produced.

Ethnicity: White
State (if domestic): California Resident
Country (if international):
Income Bracket: 200k+ (does this affect my chance of admission?)
Are you applying for financial aid?: Nope.
Hooks (first generation college, underrepresented minority, legacy): Nope.

Your stats are in-range for UCLA. You have a nice variety of EC’s along with leadership. If your essays are as good as the rest of your application, you have a good chance at an acceptance. Make sure you apply widely, have some solid match and safety schools on your list.

Income will have not affect on your admission chances, but with your family’s income, you will receive little to no FA so make sure your parents are prepared to pay full price.

Have you calculated your EFC?

Good Luck.