UC Computer Science

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I’ve been accepted as a freshman into UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, and UC San Diego. I plan on majoring in computer science, and can see from various online college rankings that UC San Diego is rated the highest. I can see that UC Santa Cruz is rated very highly in Game Design, but not as high in Computer Science.</p>

<p>I would describe myself as someone who likes a challenge, but also an environment that isn’t too tense. I want a school where I can learn a lot to prepare me for either grad school or the job world, and have a great time.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard too much about Davis, but I’ve heard that San Diego’s environment is far from relaxed, and I won’t be enjoying the college experience all that much because my head will be buried in my books all the time. I’ve heard that Santa Cruz is a lot more laid back, but I certainly won’t have the same quality of education. Obviously all schools will offer me a great education, and as with all things, I will take away what I choose to, and make what I will out of it.</p>

<p>That said, what might you know about the schools that I do not? Is there anything that might help me in making a decision?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>