UC Course Transferability Problem? Urgent!?

<p>So, today I realized that a 3 on the AP Calculus BC Exam does not cover course credit for Calculus w/ Analytic Geometry 2, only 1. The thing is, I have already taken Multivariable Calculus at my university prior to transfer, and got an A in the course. My counselor says that I have to re-take Calculus 2, but I don’t understand why since I took Calculus 3, got an A, and Calculus 2 IS A prerequisite to take that course. Is there any way to petition this to my counselor so that I can receive course credit because I have earned an A in the Calculus 3 course and that should prove that I am adequate in Calculus 2. Also, It has been awhile (over a year, which was back in high school) since I last took Calculus 2 and over two years since I last took Calculus 1. This would be a problem since I DO NOT remember much of Calculus 2 nor would I be ready for it. </p>

<p>I received course credit for Calculus 2 at my University with the score, however they doesn’t accept this for Calculus 2. But, because Calculus 2 WAS accepted at my previous college, I was able to take Calculus 3 which I got credit for. But, since my counselor says they doesn’t accept it, they say I have to re-take Calculus 2 but I already finished Calculus 3 and got a good grade and worked my butt off for!!!</p>

<p>Also, the admissions office also noted that I WILL receive credit for Calculus 3…but I’m not sure how the units will distribute if I supposedly didn’t receive credit for Calculus 2?</p>

<p>What should I do? Should I contact the Dean of Admissions and explain my situation? If so, how do I do this? Please help! </p>