UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz quarter system?

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>So I know that all the UC’s are on the quarter system, except Berkeley and Merced. My questions are, how does the quarter system compare at UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz? Are they equal in difficulty, or is Davis far more demanding? How often do midterms occur, exactly? Any tips on how to manage without going insane? I’m an incoming freshman accepted at UCSC, waiting on UCD.</p>

<p>Any feedback would be much appreciated :)</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>I honestly preferred the quarter system, just don’t fall behind in your reading. You have to be serious about that particularly if you don’t read particularly quickly. But you get new, fresh material more often, can sample new things, and a poor class doesn’t last as long. Plus, you don’t have as much time to forget stuff from the beginning. Just REALLY check out your professors. Now there is ‘rateyourprofessor’ dot com and if there are enough opinions so some dude with a vendetta isn’t overrepresented, it is supposed to be pretty good. The problem for some is that you have to keep up BY THE SYLLABUS not by where the professor is, because they enjoy their subject and can happily spend all their time in the first few weeks talking about the first Unit, then you have to rush like crazy through the rest before the final. But honestly, I preferred it. I may be a minority voice, however.</p>