***** uc davis class of 2021 applicant thread *****

When does decisions usually come out?

My stats:

Major: Computer Science and Engineering
GPA: 3.86 UW/4.3 W
SAT: 1300 M/720, CR/580

@ucaddict: Decisions were out last year March 11. No date as of yet but usually Mid-March.

Don’t forget to calculate your UC GPA (8 semesters max for weighted courses).

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Thanks @Banker1

When people post their UW, are they calculating 10th and 11th grade A-G only? I know UCLA and UCB look at both capped and uncapped UC GPA but do the UCs also look at UW?

https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/student-profile
The admitted students profile (middle 50%) includes UC GPA (weighted but capped at 8 semesters) and also UW GPA. Both are 10th-11th and A-G only. But not sure if UW GPA is otherwise considered.

Are senior first semester grades that important?

Senior grades are important in that you need to maintain a 3.0 weighted GPA and no D’s or F’s which could result in your provisional admission being rescinded. UC’s do not ask for Mid-year transcripts unless you received a supplemental (usually means borderline applicant if they ask for your grades).

https://i.gyazo.com/884b7f1d1bd4294b47ff35d43c57c69e.png

UC Davis’s website makes the college seem so fun :slight_smile:

UC Davis was the only CSU or UC that had us update senior year grades in their portal, I’m assuming if they ask for them they’d look at them? For my D17 senior year would definitely help her chances.

Where did they ask to update senior year grades?

It was in the portal, it prompted to enter in mid term grades.

@ucaddict when you log onto the portal it says “Please report any updates to your application or coursework immediately.” The text is a hyperlink so if you click on it, it gives you the option to change coursework and grades, tests/exams, name, address, etc. Each is a hyperlink. If you click on coursework and grades, it will take you to a page where it shows your senior grades as IP and you can change them. You can also change your second semester grades from “planned” to IP.

I’m not sure that updating the grades matters but if it has the potential to help, it probably doesn’t hurt.

Do you know when the email was sent for accessing the portal? Can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

We got our portal email (UC Davis Login) 12/15.

Thanks, @Banker1. Found it.

We updated 7th semester grades on the portal and placed comment that new WGPA places D in approx in top 5%, 25th/500 ranking. School doesn’t officially rank but provides WGPA distribution for top 1%, 5% etc.

I was looking for a list of admissions counselors/territory managers on the UC Davis website, and I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know how to find this contact? Thanks.

There are so few of us posting in this thread. I’m curious, is UCD the first choice for any of you?

@BayAreaBuck: I do not think the UC’s have admission counselors/territory managers like many of the elite schools. I would contact UCD admissions directly if you have questions.