Accepted!!
PoliSci
UC GPA: 4.44
ACT: 34
SAT: 2210

Accepted into Animal science! Also had Regina in the email lol

ACCEPTED TO CHEMICAL ENGINEERING!! :smiley:
UC GPA:4.1
My UW GPA for 9-11 was a 3.2 W but I had a really strong upward trend from 2.1 to a 4.2 W and for 10-12 it was ~ 3.6 UW
SAT: 1150 (600 E, 510 M)
Really good essays and ECs.
My SAT wasn’t the best but I had two internships and really amazing essays. Congratulations to everyone accepted!!! :smiley:

so this year there were 71000 applicants and only 5400 got in… meaning there is a 7% acceptance rate this year. whooaaa…

Lol no. 71,000 applicants for 5,400 SPOTS. If there normal acceptance rate applied this year, that means around 30,000 were admitted.

Every university accepts extra knowing a certain amount will choose a different school.

I believe schools usually offer acceptances to about roughly 3 times the amount of spots they have. That would be about 17,000 offers of admission for an acceptance rate of 22%-23%.

@mario1999 It says Regents. Honors and Regents are different, but Regents are also invited to be in Honors.

I wonder why I didn’t get into honors because my sibling did and we did almost the same things except I did Band and I had a slightly better gpa

Waitlisted for EE
Act: 31
GPA: 3.72
12 ap classes

“In recognition of your exceptional academic achievements, you are invited to participate in the University Honors Program, a small college experience within a world-class research university.”
Someone translate this for me. What is that program?

for anyone rejected, did you guys get the “I want to thank you personally for your application?”

Accepted!

Major: History
ACT: 32
GPA: 4.12
6 APs

Yes. Pretty sure it’s not “personal” and is sent to everyone haha :confused:

Last year’s admission rate was 42% so I’d be surprised if it was nearly cut it half.

Accepted!
Electrical Engineering
30 ACT
Very good ECs
Not sure what my UC GPA is but in my district, UW: 3.7 W: 5.6
IB Diploma Candidate
4 APs
Out of state (FL)

Son rejected…as expected. :frowning: Was hoping for the long shot. Oh well. Will end up saving us money, I guess, and is one less campus to visit. :slight_smile: Congratulations to all those accepted, and best wishes to the rest of you. Be sure to thrive wherever you end up. That’s key anyway.

@ anyone accepted, did you get an email saying “Congratulations, Regina?” LMAO my portal has my correct name but I just got the email (& another one of my friends got the email as well) sent to someone named Regina

@kirsten4624, if it’s like other schools, no, you wouldn’t be obligated to accept if you come off of the wait list. What you’re supposed to do is accept somewhere else because there is no guarantee that you’ll get in.

Accepted!! Cognitive Science