**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

Clear, IMO, would have been to state “no decisions will be released on Friday 3/12.”

10 Likes

HAHAHAHA! That was the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this forum. But I’m any case I take it we should keep refreshing every two is hour until tonight and if not today it’ll probably be posted on next friday

I agree!!! #stillholdingouthope :rofl:

if you could do that, that would be great… then post here if something comes out and then I’ll check:) thanks ahaha

1 Like

Two part question -
1- I understand that UCs do not talk to each other regarding individual admissions, but I am sure they still have to coordinate admit numbers. The number of students admitted into a higher tier UC will greatly impact the acceptance further down the chain? It is mostly the same pool of students, therefore they definitely have to coordinate and decide if they are going to intake more or less students as a group. I was thinking Davis decisions are delayed perhaps due to waiting on these numbers from other UCs. Any one has any knowledge on how this is done or thoughts?
2- I also do not understand how the wave of admissions work. Do they just create the first wave of high stat students using gpa as a filter, and if so, other 12 points selection criteria do not matter? If they actually reviewed everything to create the first wave, then shouldn’t have all the admissions finalized?

1 Like

Is Davis gonna come out today?

probably not

I know that they don’t just create a first wave from solely high stats. Some high stats kids get rejected every year.

Every year decisions have come out second week of this month, I really still do think decisions will be out later today

1 Like

Idk, their instagram post tells a different story so i’m apprehensive

Again, this is just me, but:

March 1-10 early month
March 11-20 mid month
March 21-31 late month

Sorry, I’m just screwing around waiting like the rest of you. :grinning:

8 Likes

i believe that there are plenty of colleges out there who reject very top-tier applicants because they assume the applicants would not attend their school anyways (like, the literal definition of insecure haha), so rejecting them helps maintain their yield and keep their acceptance rate low

1 Like

again, people think they may be trolling us and they’re all gonna login to check anyway.

So really don’t understand why some CSU and UC campuses KIS like UC-Santa Barbara – announce a date and stick with it. Just got another email update from them engaging us and encouraging words. – Kudos to UCSB - other campuses should take note /endrant

11 Likes

hella respect to ucsb for announcing a date– if they could do it, so could the other campuses!! its so frustrating to hear “not today, but it might be today!!” over and over

12 Likes

I guess we’ll see our fate if it’s happening or not soon, good luck regardless everyone !!

3 Likes

Why would they be trolling us???

looks like they weren’t trolling lol, next week probably ughhh

Wow first time them not releasing on the 2nd Friday of March?

In their defense, I believe their # of applications rose 13% to a record for first time freshman applicants.