**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

True; yet most other competitive universities are in the same boat. Seniors simply casting a wider net this year overall given all the uncertainty on all parts.

UC Davis also extended their app deadline from 11/30 to 12/4, so maybe they want a few extra days on the other end. :grinning:

Seriously, I was looking forward to today too.

2 Likes

UC Irvine just came out for me, would Davis come out on the same day?

1 Like

Did you get in?

1 Like

Iā€™m a college student who applied to UC Davis last year and my decision came out on 3/12 at 3:43pm. Iā€™m guessing if itā€™s not out by now, theyā€™ve probably pushed it back to next Friday. Hereā€™s a video that includes the timestamps for my other decisions (I hope this helps (: ) (realistic) College Decision Reactions 2020!!! UC, CSU, Johns Hopkins, Boston University, & more... - YouTube

1 Like

Thankfully I did get in as oos.

Doesnā€™t bode well with me though because it seems lots of high stat applicants were denied so hopefully it isnā€™t the same with Davis

Both Davis and SD are late. That is a firstā€¦

7 Likes

A glimmer of hope that things might open up again, UC Davis Housing is hiring Guest Services Assistants: ā€œGuest Services Assistants (GSA) staffs are our summer conference and hospitality team! They are a vibrant, essential part of the campus experience for our visitors and conference guests who stay and dine in our residence halls during the summer.ā€

Also, the Chancellorā€™s Update yesterday said that they are hiring 175 students to work in the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC).

2 Likes

Getting rejected from Irvine gives me little hope for Davis.

4.8 uw, an associateā€™s degree (21 dual enrollment courses), met all course requirements, in stateā€¦

fingers crossed for Davis, good luck all! Hopefully decisions will come out on Monday!

1 Like

But isnā€™t Irvine more selective than Davis? I am pretty sure Irvineā€™s acceptance rate is around 26%, while UC Davisā€™s acceptance rate is approximately 38-40%, meaning that even after Irvineā€™s rejection, you may have a great shot at Davis!
Also, keep in mind that even tho they are both UC schools, they may want completely different freshman classes. Every year, people get rejected from all the lower UCs and then get into UCLA or UC Berkeley.
Do not lose your hope! Not yet!

3 Likes

This year, rejection from one school means nothing honestly, itā€™s all over the place so keep your chin up.

My S21 was waitlisted at UCI (and every other person from his school that he has spoken to-all high stats kids), Instate, but yesterday, S21 got into Georgia Tech. He also got into UMich EA.

S21 UC stats
UW GPA: 3.95
W capped GPA: 4.33
Significant leadership and extra curriculars

8 Likes

Congratulations to your son @Amma1970

Congratulations to your son! You are right, the whole admission is unpredictable. Do you think Davis will come out on Monday?

Davis said mid to late, or something along those lines. No reason to believe itā€™s Monday. Not that it canā€™t be, butā€¦

some students have gotten rejected since yesterday evening. It seems davis is rolling out decisions in waves and portals werenā€™t working last night due to an ā€œinvalid credentialsā€ error. They might be updating portals or something-possibly for tomorrow.

wait what?! is this confirmed?
has anyone here received a decision?

1 Like

dang. thats unsettling if its true

1 Like

a friend of mine got an email stating there has been an update to her portal and she got rejected, she got in UCI tho.

is your friend in state or oos?
it seemed like oos people got irvine decisions first

I checked my portal and nothing yet

1 Like