**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

Is she in state or oos or international

dang… so tomorrow is real?

I’m an international; applying for biochemistry, which can be hard…
My portal is the same but I’m so nervous right now

Please confirm. Talk to your friend directly - no second or third hand - and confirm exactly when that posted.

3 Likes

Where are you seeing this, the rejections?

She’s in state, got accepted to UCI on friday then rejected from Davis at around 4 on saturday. It was posted on her admissions portal.

2 Likes

That would be weird they’re rolling out rejections first. Not saying I don’t believe it but I haven’t heard of any other schools doing rejections first. At the very least it’s part of a wave of decisions…

1 Like

anything is possible this year. we’re the lucky ones.

selectiveness depends on major?

I thought I read somewhere that ucd admits by department not major? ik for sure ucsd doesn’t admit by major mostly but i have no idea for davis

1 Like

Depending on everything. Yes, some majors may be more competitive at UCI, probably some at Davis. BUT! UCI is itself more selective and has a lower acceptance rate.

1 Like

UC Forum Champion Note: UC Davis has never did rolling admissions. They have always posted decisions all in one day and I seriously doubt this one post of a rejection is valid. I personally would have to see it for myself.

Regarding how UC Davis admits here is the information:

UCD:
Admission decisions are made based upon the qualifications of the applicant pool and the number of available spaces within each academic area:
• College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences admits by college
• College of Biological Sciences admits by college
• College of Letters and Science admits by division within the college
• (Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Social Sciences)
• College of Engineering admits by academic department
Students applying as “undeclared” or “undeclared/exploratory” are considered within the college/division to which they applied.

Applicants are encouraged to list an alternate major, but not in the
same area as the primary major (e.g., Computer Science Engineering with alternate Computer Science in the College of L&S). Occasionally, we admit to the alternate major.

1 Like

UCSD admits into the University first and then into the major just like UCI. If you do not list an alternate major (especially a non-capped major) if applying for a capped major at UCSD, you could be admitted into Undeclared.

1 Like

thank you. is it true that davis admits by department/major? or into the university first?

@keslee88: Posting this again

UCD:
Admission decisions are made based upon the qualifications of the applicant pool and the number of available spaces within each academic area:
• College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences admits by college
• College of Biological Sciences admits by college
• College of Letters and Science admits by division within the college
• (Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Social Sciences)
• College of Engineering admits by academic department
Students applying as “undeclared” or “undeclared/exploratory” are considered within the college/division to which they applied.

Applicants are encouraged to list an alternate major, but not in the
same area as the primary major (e.g., Computer Science Engineering with alternate Computer Science in the College of L&S). Occasionally, we admit to the alternate major.

1 Like

Right? But I suppose it could be a very unique situation where someone was in some select pool - admission by exception, or maybe some art one that required a portfolio or audition. But I’m with you, and do not put any stock into this meaning anything for anyone else as far as decisions starting.

1 Like

The fact a decision came out over the weekend from a UC is also a bit suspicious…

7 Likes

Oh haha I’m sorry I wasn’t paying attention. Thanks for all your help

Hopefully true. Doubt decisions on a Sunday from a UC.

1 Like

My portal is down. Anyone else experiencing this?