**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

D received a “come see what we have to offer” type email today from Davis today.

That can’t be a bad sign. 🤷

2 Likes

pretty sure it’s generic (I got it too) but we can hope it means something ig

1 Like

Same, I applied to ucsd also and i havent gotten very many of those promotional emails either from them

Davis was silent for so long until recently. UCSB has been very gratuitous with marketing emails to the kids and the parents. Almost too helpful :).

I think at this point UCSD is prob the most quiet.

Bummer! I thought we were special. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They just tweak the language and so they get me every time and then I remember, “Hey, you don’t get to celebrate until maybe 3/12.”

We were just laughing as my daughter read the Davis email and campus being “nestled between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe” :joy:

No mention of cow pastures…

4 Likes

They really up played their location haha

1 Like

@CaBeachMom When my company recruited me to Sac from the UW, they said that I would love Sac because it’s (traffic circa 1997) 90 min to SF, an hour to Tahoe, 45 min to Napa, 3 hours to Monterey and Santa Cruz, 3.5 hours to Yosemite, 6 hours easy drive to LA. Nowhere was there a mention about Sac. :joy:

The clincher for parents would’ve been, “Davis is a hop to Napa/Sonoma for you parents who plan to drop off your kids…”

3 Likes

Maybe they should have said it’s 15 minutes from the Nut Tree. Now, that’s a selling point.

3 Likes

I live an Antelope, part of Sac County…born in YC and getting to stop at the Nut Tree as a kid when we would be on road trips was the highlight of the trip!!! Loved that place back in the day! :blush:

1 Like

All in the marketing :joy:. Unless you know better!!

1 Like

That said, I love Davis! It’s a great college town! It’s very charming now. When I considered it in the early 80’s it was truly a cow town.

2 Likes

I love the Nut Tree! I’d stop there on the way from Elk Grove to the Bay Area for work for years. First of, the Peet’s Coffee there has got to have extra caffeine juice because a small mocha would keep me going for the entire day and round trip drives! And haven’t been there for a while but I was so glad Amici’s opened up there. One of my fave pizzerias!

2 Likes

@CaBeachMom LOL exactly! And I work with one of the world’s largest marketer.

1 Like

ha! I was a marketer at 2 different large consumer goods companies before staying home with my kids.

Any need for a UCLA MBA with 10+ years marketing cosmetics and toys?!

1 Like

Is there a possibility that decisions could be released later today? I know it’s a bit early but I think last year decisions were released around the 7th so it’s not completely impossible? I’m just tired of waiting lol

1 Like

Today is a possibility but I have seen a few sources, including Ask Ms Sun suggesting that March 12th is the likely day.

I saw that too, but I saw on Reddit that they released it last year on March 6th, which was the first friday of the month. Interesting.

2 Likes

CC members posted their decisions on Thursday 3/12.