UC Davis Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone have a rough estimate on the schedule for Aggie Day? Is it an all day thing? TIA!

Decision: Accepted!
Merit scholarships awarded (if any): none?
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Biological Sciences

ACADEMIC STATS:
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.18
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.31
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 45?
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 18?
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): AP Bio (5), AP Lang (5); AP Lit, AP Gov, AP Calc AB, and AP Environmental Science in progress
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses): N/A
5 community college courses including 3 STEM courses

Awards: National Merit Commended Student, National Rural/Small Town Scholar, school’s science department student of the month, local art contest winner

SUBJECTIVE:
Extracurriculars:
-STEM: Science Bowl, 3 years, president for 2, competed in regionals once; summer shadowing at local hospital; work experience in telephone recruitment at local blood bank
-Music: School orchestra, cello, 4 years, leadership for 3; countywide concert band, 1 year
-GSA, 4 years, leadership for all 4; panelist in county LGBTQ equity event
-Visual art, 6+ years, practiced and took commissions
Personal Insight essays: pretty good? 7-8/10
-Creativity, skill/talent, academic subject, educational opportunity

DEMOGRAPHICS:
State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): In-state, NorCal, ~1300 students
Applied for need-based financial aid: Yes
First Generation: No

Also accepted: UCSC, Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Humboldt, Sonoma State

2 Likes

Daughter accepted 3/10 to Global Disease Biology
instate-Nor Cal
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.38 (I think)
DE,AP, IB and honors classes -yes
EC hours with leadership, internship with public health, pre professional dance program, health academy program in high school, student representative for city board, mock trial, hospital internship in NICU
Top 9%
Also accepted: SDSU (early), U of Oregon (honors college), UCSC (early), Cal Poly SLO, Western Washington (WUE)

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you didn’t get an outright acceptance to Davis. You sound like a fantastic candidate. For what it’s worth, a WUE cost of attendance to Colorado State seems like it could be a great option. I have a friend whose daughter chose Colorado State for veterinary studies of some sort and it’s been really great!

1 Like

Provost

It was the Provost Scholarship

2 Likes

My son was invited to apply to join the honor college after getting a 4.0 gpa in his first quarter in Davis. However, the email also stated invitees are not guaranteed to be accepted.

4 Likes

Congratulations! My daughter got accepted for Globsl Disease Biology too!

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! :grin: and yes as @Gumbymom said I am out of state :persevere: and no I didn’t apply to Cal Poly SLO, only California school I applied to was Davis.

Thank you so much!! and yes, I am a little disappointed to have not gotten an outright acceptance, but remaining hopeful on the waitlist. and if in the end I don’t get an acceptance from Davis, I am still really happy with my other acceptances! Accepted my admission from Colorado as I wait for the Davis waitlist outcomes :smiling_face:

6 Likes

If you have financial need, have you checked the numbers? I am pretty sure the University of California does not grant financial aid to out of state students. You may still get Federal aid, but would that be enough to make UC Davis affordable?

2 Likes

Holy crap she didn’t get accepted that’s amazing. Where is she been accepted into so far

We will wait this as well I wouldn’t get your hopes up

There are many new members who appear to be using their real name. College Confidential recommends changing your username. Here are instructions on how to do that.

1 Like

This should probably be on the waitlist thread, but I just want to send a big shout-out for Colorado State if you are pre-vet Animal Science. Family member chose CSU over Davis for undergrad because they loved the CSU campus and surrounding area. They are now a successful Vet school graduate doing residency (teaching and research) at a major college Vet program.

4 Likes

Hello and thank you for sharing your story - it’s uplifting and hopeful! Pandemic lockdown and distance learning was dismal and you had the strength and clarity to take all the steps to merge to homeschooling! So glad to hear your son is happy and thriving at Chico State! Thank you again. My DD received a very surprising acceptance from Cal Poly SLO the same day as the rejection from UC Davis. Life!? Will wait to see how everything pans out by next week and then make a decision. Best!

2 Likes

So far we haven’t heard back anywhere else! Top choices are Duke UMich Hopkins and Amsterdam,
Fingers crossed…

maybe your class rank (not top 10%)?
Did you not take the other AP exams or make <3? If so and you reported those scores you’ve got your answer.

1 Like

i took 4 of the ap exams, only didn’t pass one of them and i’m taking the other 3 by may. some of my other friends who got in were ranked in the hundreds and they still got in! i think this is just a matter of who fits better within davis or not.

1 Like

@techno13: UC Davis based on my past experience leans very much towards fit (as defined by them).

3 Likes