UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Welcome prospective Aggies. It’s that time of year again as the UC application has now opened and submission starts November 1. I am @Gumbymom one of the two UC Forum Champions/Moderators. My Co-Forum Champion is @lkg4answers and we are knowledgeable on the increasingly complicated UC admissions process and hopefully we can help any prospective UC applicants with their questions. We both have students that have attended UC Davis so please utilize our knowledge of the campus by posting your questions here.

UC Davis like all the UC’s are test blind this admission cycle and will use 13 areas of criteria to review Freshman applicants. Each campus will weight the various areas of criteria differently so one size does not fit all. The UC application website has plenty of information that can help determine if UC Davis is a good option when applying. Below is some admit information specific to the school. Best of Luck.

2021 Capped Weighted UC GPA Middle 25-75 percentile for admitted students: 3.95-4.25

Application review:

• Very important : Academic GPA, Personal Insight questions, Rigor of secondary school record
  • Important : Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work
  • Considered : First generation college student, Geographical residence, State residency, Work experience
  • Note : Scholastic achievement most important, followed by school and community activities, academic interests, special circumstances, special achievements and awards

Admission decisions are made based upon the qualifications of the applicant pool and the number of available spaces within each academic area:

• College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences admits by college

• College of Biological Sciences admits by college

• College of Letters and Science admits by division within the college
(Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Social Sciences)

• College of Engineering admits by academic department

Students applying as “undeclared” or “undeclared/exploratory” are considered within the college/division to which they applied.

Applicants are encouraged to list an alternate major but not in the same area as the primary major. Admission to an alternate major is considered occasionally.

2 Likes

UC Davis is featured on The College Tour.

2 Likes

It sounds like UC Davis started sending out emails with information on how to set up your My Admissions Account. If you did not receive an email, please check both your promotions and spam folders. They will be sent on a rolling basis so don’t read too much into it if you didn’t receive it today.

Take some time to look at the different sections of the portal and make sure that the information matches what you intended to put on your application. If you find a discrepancy, contact UC Davis Admissions as soon as possible

In the next few months, check for UC Davis emails on a regular basis. Make sure you read the entire email to determine if action is needed and if there is a deadline. Check your spam and promotion folders on a regular basis as well.

While you are waiting, check out the housing options at UC Davis. If you have questions, feel free to post them in this thread. There are several people who are very familiar with UC Davis on College Confidential.

Remember to file your FASFA if applying for financial aid. Deadline is March 2, 2022 but it is best to get it done early.

Admission decisions for UC Davis are usually released in mid March. Traditionally, UC Davis has notified all students at the same time on the same day.

UC Davis holds an open house for admitted students in early April. I have not seen a date announced for 2022 yet.

It was just announced that Picnic Day will be April 23 next year. Picnic Day is a big event for prospective students, current students, alumni and the greater Davis community. Hotels fill up far in advance so, if you are thinking about attending Picnic Day, you might consider making your hotel reservations now.

Go Aggies! :horse: :cow:

3 Likes

Does UCD announce Regents earlier in Feb?

Regents is announced in March with all of the Freshman admission decisions.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new thread: UC Davis Transfers Fall 2022

Does UCD declare all results on same day or has some sort of rolling admissions?

1 Like

This list notes that last year’s Davis decision date was March 18th. It notes other schools that released regular decisions in batches (Merced, Riverside, Santa Cruz), so I’d guess Davis decisions will all happen on one day for 2022 as well.

1 Like

All decisions will be posted on the same day. In the past, around the 2nd Friday in March after 3pm Pacific time.

4 Likes

Gumbymom you are better than Wikipedia

15 Likes

I’m targeting either Thursday 3/10 or 3/17 at 3:00 for decision release.

1 Like

Last three years UCD has declared results on the second Friday of March
2018 - 03/09 around 3 pm
2019 - 03/08 around 2.50 pm
2020- 03/12 around 3 pm

So this year the 2nd Friday is on 03/11.

4 Likes

3/12/20 was a Thursday - the second Thursday of the month.

Last year (2021), the decisions came out on 3/18/21 - the third Thursday of the month.

I’ll stick with 3/10 or 3/17.

But really…who knows? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lol and it does not materially matter if it is 03/10 or 03/11 or 03/17

1 Like

While everyone is waiting, you can pass time by doing the new Davis themed version of Wordle UC Dwordle

7 Likes

It was easy one today

1 Like

So quiet. I guess will get active in early March

Anyone have Davis as their first choice?

1 Like

My D22 does have Davis as number one