UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

oh wow! didn’t know that…thanks!

2 Likes

I just looked at last year’s thread. Davis sent out decisions on a Thursday at 2:30 pm. It was the third Thursday, but since we know it’s coming no later than tomorrow… maybe today at 2:30?

Edit to add: I just noticed someone said this earlier today! Sorry!

6 Likes

I feel sick to my stomach. I envy parents that can be more detached about it. Just like I envied my husband staying at home when I took my daughters to the DMV for their driving tests. I paced and felt sick while they took the test, so worried they would fail, while my husband was at home without a worry. :rofl: I do not choose to be this way. :rofl:

16 Likes

I felt that way until I talked to someone about it yesterday. We discussed the facts: I have done everything I can do. Disappointment is a part of life. Not knowing the outcome is really scary to me… but what’s the worse thing that can happen? We have to regroup? I’m great at re-grouping. Come hell or high water, I’ve got this. And I’m sure you do, too. I’m going to try to dive into some work for the next two hours… and then, what will be, will be. Best of luck to all of us!

16 Likes

My brain understands and agrees with you! My DD already has a couple good private options. I am hoping for her to be closer. I will follow your lead and get back to work as well. :grinning: I appreciate the camaraderie here.

6 Likes

sorry… deleted

8 Likes

Lol! Mine just did a similar text but about presale tickets to a concert! :joy:

3 Likes

Objectively I feel the same. My daughter was accepted and UDub which is a school she loves. But still waiting on the UCs with anxiety. Her older sister attends UCLA and the sibling rivalry is real lol. I’m trying to work and I KNOW all will be fine. But man the waiting is hard. The next 3 weeks are going to be torture.

8 Likes

This is the best news I’ve heard all day! We go to spring training ever year. Will be in AZ next week for a baseball tournament. Although I’m sure they won’t be playing that quickly this gives me something to be happy about while being an absolute nut job waiting for college acceptances.

4 Likes

Spring Training games start on the 17th! (tentatively)

My D22 just got into UDub and her sister is a junior at UCLA. We are also waiting for the UCs! But D22 loves udub so we shall see!!

4 Likes

Oh how cool! Is she hoping for UCLA like her sister?

My stomach is in knots while my son is planning a senior trip to Miami for Rolling Loud with 11 of his friends. :man_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

Spring training will start in one week, on 3/17 or 3/18!

She loves UCLA but she also likes changes in weather and 4 seasons which is why udub appeals to her. Her other option right now is Northeastern in Boston… So she is waiting on the UC‘s and it will be between one of those, UDub and Northeastern.

2 Likes

See, I take this as proof that you have done your job lol. While YOU may be anxious, you have obviously not transferred that his way. :smiley:

7 Likes

Haha my son to Cabo he does not seen to care which makes it easier

5 Likes

Even though I know it’s tomorrow if not today, my sanity needs it to be today :joy:

21 Likes

I remember last year the School’s webpage changed to something “check your portal” after the decision is released.
Anybody remember the same?

fr i can’t wait any longer lol

4 Likes