UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

My oldest had Davis as #1. He loved the sense of community, friendliness and collaborative nature of the school. He got into UCSB, UCI and SLO but Davis was always his #1.

4 Likes

New to college applications here. It seems a silly question but in UC applications does #1 mean that there was a checkbox order somewhere which asked for our preferences in order or it just means where our child would like to go personally?

Just where your child would like to attend. No official ranking on the UC application. :blush:

1 Like

Did decisions for UCSB, UCI and SLO come out already? I didn’t think they had.

Not such a silly question. 35 years ago, applicants did list the campuses in order of preference on the UC application. Not true any longer.

3 Likes

Never mind - I re-read your post and it is past tense. You aren’t talking about this year. :slight_smile:

Yes, sorry for the confusion. My oldest graduated from UCD in June. He loved every minute there.

3 Likes

Is it easy to change major in UCD ? And when?

Depends upon which major you are admitted into and which major you want to change. You will be placed into your Freshman orientation group based on your admitted major. You can then work your advisor so you can request a change of major after the 1st quarter unless you need to meet the new major requirements prior to declaring.

You can request a change of major after your first quarter at UC Davis. Major changes are granted at the discretion of academic departments and colleges, and typically require that you complete program-specific requirements before entering the new major.

1 Like

It is easier to change within your college or into L&S than it is to move into College of Bio Sci, College of Engineering or College of Ag.

What move are you considering?

1 Like

My best yet.

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦

2 Likes

Nice!

UC Dwordle 52 3/6
sa.ucdavis.edu/ucdwordle

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:white_large_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:

1 Like

Did not get the Word today
:frowning:

Record number applicants to UC Davis

2 Likes

All the UC’s have

2 Likes

My DD recently told me she will consider Davis if she gets in, but doesn’t really want to do the major she applied for anymore - which was Managerial Economics. She wanted to do Business (specifically Human Resources) which they don’t have. Over time she has realized that the alternate major she applied for is one she would be happier with - Sociology Organizational Theory - choosing the Business track. This one is much closer to Human Resources than Managerial Econ. I am thinking it probably would have been the easier major to get into. Does anyone know the chances of her alternate major being considered? Or would it make sense for us at this late stage to call the school and ask to switch the majors? My guess is it’s much too late for that.

It is too late to request a change of major but UCD does consider alternate majors occasionally. She might want to contact admissions since you never know if they will allow the change. Managerial Economics is a selective/competitive major at UCD so there is a possibility they could consider her Sociology alternate major.

2 Likes

Do you know the acceptance rate for Managerial Economics?

1 Like

Ok, thank you. All the schools she applied to, she selected the major she wanted at the time, whereas she has friends who specifically applied to the easiest majors at the various schools. It kills me that she applied to the harder one to get into, and now she doesn’t even want to do it. We live 45 minutes from Davis, so selfishly, I’d like her to go there.

4 Likes