UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

DS accepted in state to L&S Computer Science. 4.0 UW 4.72 W, 10 AP classes + 3 college classes.

5 Likes

D accepted for Design Major!

6 Likes

My daughter has the nerve to be out with her boyfriend, so I have no idea if she got in. I did see someone with same grades accepted to her alternate major. Anyone hear of people getting accepted to alternate majors?

1 Like

Thanks. Of course you are right. I revised my post to show CSE.

My post was more about people needing to be specific. I think some parents just have “CS” in their heads and don’t realize that there are 3 majors at Davis that some might conflate.

1 Like

D22 first UC accepted: Applied Mathematics- Instate- ELC

6 Likes

My son did not apply here but seeing some great kids with amazing stats get waitlisted or denied is very sobering. A prelude to UCLA and UCB coming up

UCD occasionally considers alternate majors but done on a case by case basis.

1 Like

D22 Admitted
Global Disease Biology
3.96UW/4.35W

6 Likes

My son has the nerve to go to volleyball practice LOL! Good luck to your daughter!

4 Likes

Son accepted to CS. Takes a little of the sting out of being waitlisted from UChicago.

6 Likes

um can someone confirm but im pretty sure i got a full ride right?

16 Likes

Waitlisted, in-state Computer Science + Engineering

Got UC Santa Cruz Regents but looks like that wasn’t enough for CS at Davis

Good ECs, 3.91 something UC unweighted and 4.27 weighted UC GPA capped.

Got into UIUC Computer Engineering and Purdue Engineering.

Unfortunately, it looks like it was a mistake for me to apply to Davis as CS+E lol. I wanted to apply CS to at least one campus, and I chose Davis. However, seeing that almost all of my ECs are on the CE/EE side of things, I’m ultimately not surprised in retrospect that I was waitlisted.

Davis was the only school I applied CS to, applied CE to everything else. Here’s to hoping things will be better.

3 Likes

Fabulous! Congratulations!

thanks dude. im so happy rn. just called off of work lol

1 Like

Thought I’d have to wait 5 hours 'til my son got home from work but he just sent a screenshot of email (received 3/11 at 3:44p)…

Accepted
Physics
4.22 W
3.96 UW
ELC

8 Likes

~$8000 is loans

2 Likes

Almost a full ride. Looks like there is a student/family contribution of around $2500/year and yes some students loans and parent plus loans.

This is Davis’ waitlist stats for 2020. Looks like the required 200 word essay dissuades a lot of people from accepting the waitlist.

Really high waitlist acceptance rates.

5 Likes

That is wonderful. Congrats!

D22 - Denied - Instate - Exploratory Science

UW GPA 3.98/ Capped W 4.27
ELC - yes

Accepted - SLO, SDSU (early)

Congrats to all accepted