UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

daughter -ACCEPTED!!
she is excited as UCD is her first choice.
In state
Human Development
3.97 UW 4.22 W

13 Likes

Love to see applicants match their first choice!

8 Likes

Berkeley has been said to pay particular attention to the answer for the leadership PIQ. I am sure campus AOs have honed their own particular spidey sense.

5 Likes

Yes, it would be nice to know what they consider as “fit” but have seen this pattern with UCD and some other schools for several years. All I can say is that when my older son attended UCD, he and his friends group seem to fit the UCD student image. Friendly, down to earth, dedicated to work but supportive.

13 Likes

Also UCLA has a preference for Leadership.

6 Likes

In addition to the thoughtful insights from Gumbymom on waitlistedness@Davis, I found, Ms. Sun’s words on this topic quite calming. She addresses the most important question (at least) I had and thought others might also have. https://■■■■■■■■■■■■/waitlist-woes/

i.e. lots of students get admitted to other UCs even if they get waitlisted@Davis.

Guess we’ll know in the next 15 days.

7 Likes

D22 accepted for Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems
In-state
4.17 UC W / 4.0 UC UW
Solid (major-related) essays; relevant ECs (involved with urban gardening program, president of environmental club, etc.)
Also accepted at Cal Poly SLO, Willamette

5 Likes

are regents out?

3 Likes

Rejected(daughter)
Molecular and Medical Biology
4.1 WGPA, 3.85 UW, several EC with leadership and biological research with UCLA and California Sci Oly regional winner in life sciences.

This major might be too competitive. She has been accepted in CalPoly SLO and SDSU.

4 Likes

I wonder if acceptance to UC Davis indicates the high probability of acceptance to other UCs?

3 Likes

Daughter accepted for college of biological sciences, genetics & genomes- OOS IB lots of strong ECs- never calculated her UC GPA. She would chose Davis over UCB and did not apply to UCLA so she is super excited!

10 Likes

Each campus will complete their own individual review of the application independently of one another, which means that they’re going to review the information in the application and select students without asking what the other campuses have decided.

So to answer your question, admission into one UC does not predict your chances at the other UC’s.

7 Likes

DS22 in-state got accepted for Applied Math. UW-4.5/W-3.85/12 APs/SAT-1580.few ECs, but not a lot.

4 Likes

@Gumbymom. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Very similar to my son, same major - rejected

My daughter got accepted into the neurobiology, physiology and behavior program. She’s in state ELC top 9 percent.

5 Likes

My daughter was accepted. Anthropology major. 4.0 uw/4.25 capped/4.7 uncapped. Decent ECs.

Is there any hope of merit scholarships if we don’t qualify for aid? Nothing was listed but I was wondering if there could be other forms of aid coming.

3 Likes

UC’s offer little merit aid. Regents is given to the top 1-2% of applicants which is awarded automatically. If your student has been awarded any merit aid, it should be listed on your FA package.

Entering Students: The UC Application for Admission and Scholarships serves as your application for campus-based scholarships at UC Davis. A minimum 3.25 GPA is required for all applicants for our UC Davis-based scholarships. Unless specifically requested of you, no additional information is needed for you to be considered for scholarships.

2 Likes

Regents should have been indicated below your acceptance (unless they changed it this year). No one has mentioned it thus far.

1 Like

D22 accepted in Cognitive Science. In state.
UW:4.0 / UC Capped: 4.33 / UC W: 4.73
12 APs. Officer of 5 clubs. 4 years of Varsity dance.

5 Likes