UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Since UCD’s decisions will be out within the next few weeks, I have started a discussion thread for Waitlisted students and also for appeals.

Here is a link to the Waitlist FAQ’s: Applicant Waitlist

UCD waitlist had an admit wave starting on May 5, 2022. Closed on June 10.

UCD Waitlist 2022 Counselor Conference Data (Not Confirmed with CDS which is not available):

Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 19263
Number accepting a place on the waitlist 6933
Number of waitlisted students admitted 1338

2021 Counselor Conference Information (not Confirmed with CDS which is not available):
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on the waitlist: 12141
Nothing listed for admitted waitlisted students. No admits based on CC and other social media.

CDS 2020-2021
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on the waitlist:13,092
Number Accepting the waitlist: 4,960
Number Admitted: 3,919

CDS 2019-20
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on the waitlist: 10,639
Number Accepting the waitlist: 3,458
Number Admitted: 1,953

2018-2019
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 9213
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 3207
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 24

Link in regards to appeals: Freshman Applicants: Other Paths to Admission

My daughter just checked her portal: Waitlisted
Weighted GPA: 4.4, unweighted GPA: 4.0
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: (skipped 11th, so graduation in 3 years) 27 a-g
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 4 Honors, 1 AP, 10 DE college classes
Intended Major: Environmental Science
Non-local CA resident from small public high school in rural area

Decision: Wait List
Merit scholarships awarded (if any):
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Bio

ACADEMIC STATS:: 3.8/4.19 Weighted GPA
Calculate your GPAs with GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.8
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.19
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.1
ELC (top 9% CA HS): No Statewide Gaurantee

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 28 years
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 3
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 7
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses):

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.):

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: Very good

Job/Work Experience:

Volunteer/Community service:

Summer Activities:

Personal Insight essays (details):

Excellent.

Supplemental/Augmented Review: Yes or No

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State/location of HS (if domestic applicant):

Country (if international applicant):

Applied for need-based financial aid?

First Generation?

REFLECTION::

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied:

GENERAL COMMENTS:

Waitlisted for CS. Any idea on the timeframe when waitlist decisions are released?

Here is last years timeline:
UCD waitlist had an admit wave starting on May 5, 2022. Closed on June 10.

2 Likes

I got waitlisted from UC Davis and just accepted the waitlist offer.
Do I need to write any essays or activities? Or do I just wait until they email me about the admission?
I am so confused on what to do right now. I uploaded the most recent coursework, but I feel like there are more things I need to do.

2 Likes

You have until April 15th to opt into the waitlist.

• To accept our offer of a spot on the waitlist, students can login to MyAdmissions to opt-in to the waitlist. No letters of recommendation, transcripts or other documents are needed.

Do we send in LOCI with additional Inputs (E.g. mid term scores or awards etc) for the application?

2 Likes

No,

• To accept our offer of a spot on the waitlist, students can login to MyAdmissions to opt-in to the waitlist. No letters of recommendation, transcripts or other documents are needed.
1 Like

Will there be a need for an essay some time in the future for waitlisted students? I’ve been looking at past waitlists for UC Davis and seems like all the past ones have required an essay. Also, if predicted grade outcomes change as the semester is closer to ending, should we change predicted grades as needed? Thank you!

According to the opt in instructions they may have dropped the waitlist essay. Have you opted in already? It should state if an essay is required. Several other UC’s have dropped their essay requirements in the past few years due to the increase in # of applicants and the time needed to review additional essays.

See FAQ: Applicant Waitlist

I would update your grades as they become available.

1 Like

It just asks for grade update. No essay.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, last year it did state there was a waitlist essay and this year it states: No letters of recommendation, transcripts or other documents are needed.

Interesting. I found this on the CC website. So which one is right?

Wow those numbers are really off from what the UC Conference stated. I did notice i made a mistake of the # of admits, it should be 1338 not 338 which I will edit.

Did you get this information from College Confidential UC Davis site? If so, I would be take this information with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, the CC information has been incorrect and misleading on a number of items.

1 Like

Hang on. Maybe they are different. The stats I cited are for “made offer” (about 80%) but your stats are for “admitted” which is about 8% yield which is not that far of their 17% yield? Can you confirm your stats are for those that were admitted and accepted the offer?

Is On Campus Housing Guaranteed for Waitlisted Students who may not find out until June 30th?

The CC UC Davis site is not updated. The admit rate for 2022 was 37.5% not 46%.

My waitlist stats are based on the numbers presented at the UC Counselors conference but since UCD has not posted their common dataset, I cannot verify the conference numbers.

Yes, housing is guaranteed for all Freshman including Waitlisted students but I would still confirm with the housing office.

1 Like