UC Davis High School Scholars Day

<p>Daughter got an invite. I would like her to go. I think Davis is a great option for her. She want’s to “work with animals”, and the price is right! She is not excited. Perhaps she thinks it’s too close ( 20 miles MAYBE) to home. Might this scholars day help or hurt the situation? Any other thoughts about the invite?</p>

<p>My son also got an invitation, but I am not sure what the program is all about. Is this sent to all UC eligible students, or only selected students, or some other combination of criteria? Perhaps the admissions person from UCD who sometimes posts here will respond.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to invite all UC eligible students to High School Scholars Day (HSSD). Select students, ones we feel are a strong fit to our campus, are invited to attend the High School Scholars Day. The day is designed to show these students just how well of a fit the campus is for them if they haven’t already noticed or need more information to help their decisions. If students cannot make it to HSSD or weren’t invited they are welcome to R.S.V.P. for the Preview Day Program. Preview Day is a program designed to give an overview of the campus for all prospective students and covers similar but different information than HSSD. I hope this helps.</p>