UC Davis, Irvine, et.al. Admission Odds

Hello, I am currently a senior in northern California with a 3.72(UW), 3.83(UC), and 4.0 (W) GPA in a very good public high school (top 10% in California). I took 1 AP/3 Adv, Soph year, 3 AP/3 honors, Junior year, and I am currently taking 5 AP classes Senior year. I have received 3 C’s in my academic career (2 in AP Physics 1 and 1 in Honors Pre Calc).

I am an Eagle Scout, CSF member, and have done 300+ hours of community service. I am also in the top 11% in my school out of around 460 students.

My highest SAT score as of now is a 1740. I plan on taking my last one this October (Aiming for a 1950-2000). Should I take SAT II tests as well?

I would like to know what you (the community) think are my chances of getting into UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, Cal Poly and UC San Diego are. I am applying as a computer science/engineering major.

Sorry for the load of information but thanks for any responses you all come up with!

Your current SAT and UC GPA are below average for UCD/UCSB/UCI/UCSD and Cal Poly SLO especially for Engineering. The only true match I see on your list is UCSC. If you do improve your SAT to 2000+, I think UCI/UCSB and UCD could be within reach depending upon your EC’s and essays. I would add UCR, SJSU, SDSU, CSULB and/or CPP to your list.

Just to give you an idea of the competitiveness of the schools on your list:

My younger son applied 2 years ago with a UC GPA 3.73/Fully weighted 3.9 and ACT of 31 as a CS major to most of the schools on your list. Due to his below 4.0 UC GPA, he concentrated more the CSU’s than the UC"s for Match schools.
He was rejected by UCD/UCSB/SLO and UCSD. Did not apply to UCSC or UCI.

Accepted to UCR with scholarship, SDSU/SJSU/CSUF/CSULB and CPP. CS/Engineering is extremely competitive so you need to have a wide range of schools on your list.

With the UC’s, your essays and EC’s will come into play, so make sure you spend time on both these areas.

Good Luck.

Your current stats qualify you well for UCR and UCM.

With a 1900+ SAT, you’d be a much stronger candidate for UCSC.

Other schools to consider - Cal Poly Pomona, SDSU, SJSU and CSULB. You are well qualified and the CS programs are very good.

Good luck

Getting into the mid tier UCs+ UCSD with those stats as a CS/Engineering major is going to be difficult below average/average stats. Three C’s during your during year hurts your chances even more(Assuming that you took Pre Calc+AP Phys 1 during your junior year).
Couldn’t hurt to apply but at this point you’re probably looking at UCSC/UCR/UCM.