UC Davis v.s. UC Santa Barbara

I was admitted as an animal science major at UC Davis and a pre-biology major at UCSB, but zoology is my intended major at UCSB. I want to be a veterinarian, as so I know straight of the bat that UCDavis is probably the best place for me to go, especially since they have a graduate school for vets. But I did not feel at home, and I fell in love with the UCSB campus. In your opinion which school should I choose, and if you have any insight about the programs at each school I’ll be glad to hear them as well!

(P.S. I am planning to live on campus for at least my freshman year, and study abroad sometime around my sophomore year.)

Go to the school which “fits” you best. There is no guarantee if you attend UCD that you will be accepted into their Vet school, so go where you think you can get a good education/social life and financially feasible.

UCSB really encourages study abroad. Do you know if Davis gives any preference to Davis grads for their Vet school?

UCD has the most admitted students to their Vet school but they also had the most undergrad applicants. Here is a link for the class of 2018. You can see that UCD Vet school accepts students from a variety of different schools. There may be a slight advantage if you do attend UCD. As long as you excel, you should have a good chance from any school.

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/students/admissions/ClassOf2018Statistics.cfm