UC Davis vs UC Irvine vs UC Santa Barbara

I’m an English major who’s extremely torn on which school to attend this fall. Ideally I want to double major in English and Communication. UCI doesn’t have the Communication major, which is not a huge deal, but yeah. I seriously don’t know what to do because all of their English programs seem great. UCD is a gorgeous campus with a close knit community, UCI seems peaceful and is highly ranked, and UCSB is strong in their Communications program and the students seem really social… I thought UCD was my dream school but now I’m scared of housing costs and how far away it is (I’m in the Los Angeles area). I’m a transfer student so I can’t go back on my choice lol.

UCSB has lowest ranking among 3 but i think best to your interest.

You are scared about housing costs at Davis relative to Santa Barbara and Irvine? They are all relatively close in price but I think Davis is probably the cheapest of the three.

In a previous thread you mentioned that you are thinking of going pre-med/pre-vet? That’s a big change from English/Communications and will require a lot of additional courses. Which school is the most flexible about changing majors or taking courses outside of your major?

And you mentioned that UCSB didn’t feel like it was a good social fit. Is that still the case?