UC Davis vs. UC San Diego for Psychology BA?

<p>Still trying to decide here and have only a week left to submit my SIR! These are the top UCs that accepted me(I failed to hang onto my admission to Berkeley for now). </p>

<p>Davis:</p>

<p>-Very well-rounded Psychology program
-According to reviews, UCD is very student friendly in terms of getting help and communicating to professors.
-No car needed.
-Emphasis on lab research for undergraduates.
-Psychology is the most popular major there, not sure if thats good or bad.
-Lots of shade(I just took a tour of UCSD and got a bad sunburn).
-You can take all sorts of weird classes outside your major
-Agriculture and environmentalism emphasis.</p>

<p>San Diego:</p>

<p>-A tad more prestigious.
-Very inspiring, has an emphasis on changing the world.
-Emphasis on experimental psychology.
-Very safe area.
-More diverse undergrad psychology classes like about language and cognition relationships, eating disorders, psychology of reading, circadian rhythms, etc.
-Good weather.
-Also has top notch research.
-Beautiful campus.
-More focus on study.
-There is an aquarium nearby.</p>

<p>Concerns:</p>

<p>Davis-Not as prestigious and not as well known outside of California. Campus is big.</p>

<p>San Diego- Needs more lower division prep including some calculus and programming classes I still need. Talked to someone on campus there who says it’s not really an issue that would delay my graduation but a lot of incoming students also are concerned about more Major prep and College GEs(I got into Sixth). I struggled to get a B in pre-calc so I’m a little worried about more math going on. Also said that the requirement is just to make the BA students a little more like the BS students but none of the BA classes will have calc as a perquisite. Also heard that it can be hard to buy notes if you need them. More taller buildings = more running upstairs if elevator isn’t available.</p>