UC Davis Waitlist Discussion Class of 2024

Daughter got in. SAT 1510 (with Math 770 and Reading 740, 99th percentile). Also named AP Scholar 2019. She also had many many extra curricular activities and held several officer titles. GPA 4.3. In-State residence.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting & keep up the hopes!

did anyone get in for political science? specifically, anyone that is in-state?

also did anyone get off for comms or psych? thanks!!

anyone hear anything about anthropology ??

My son got off UC Davis waitlist at 1:30pm today. We are so excited. His major is computer engineering. SAT score 1340, unweighted GPA 3.7, weighted GPA 4.15, good essays, and lots of activities. Congrats to all got off the waitlist. UC Davis is my son’s dream school, and he just submitted SIR to Davis. Hope there are more applicants get off the waitlist.

does anyone have any idea when the next wave will be? I didn’t see anyone get off for a lot of majors, but that could just mean that major is at capacity

because last year people were getting off from may 6 and 8 (the 8th might’ve been just a late recording of an earlier waitlist acceptance) and then again on may 17

Did anyone get off the waitlist for undeclared social sciences?

if thats what’s happening, it seems like the second wave is after the 7 days that the current waitlist offers have been given to SIR, so maybe we’ll get a second wave after may 15-16

i got off the UCD waitlist today and my major is undecided social science.

What’s interesting is last year they had another wave of admissions in the evening on the same day. Disappointed it didn’t happen this year and I have to wait a week for more decisions ;( I’ll already have completed my housing and meal applications for Santa Cruz by then.

Is UC Santa Cruz housing and meal plan first payment refundable?

Re Santa Cruz housing fee: yes it is refundable. I emailed them about this (before my son accepted the offer from Davis today). They stated that the hosing deposit of $150 was refundable through 5/29, and possibly even after this. Not sure about the meal plan.

@sydneyrudolph4 Got off for Anthropology yesterday. Hope you guys get off!

aw ok :frowning: thanks. congratulations tho!!

@sydneyrudolph4 Thank you! Hang in there! sending positive vibes :slight_smile:

For those who got off the waitlist, Did you get your financial aid right away? I got off the waitlist and wanna commit to UCD but I would like to know my financial aid since its a big factor in my decision and I’m not sure if you’re supposed to get it right away.

Nevermind I just got it :slight_smile:

Hi, I just got into UC Davis design too. I am now deciding between UCD and SLO. I didn’t have a chance to visit the department. Does anyone have any info you’d share with me on the UCD design major? How does it compare to SLO? Class size? Internship? Thank you so much for your help.

Did anyone get off for cog sci?