UC Davis writing requirement

<p>Hi!
So I figured out I don’t meet the writing requirement of UCs, with my SAT writing lower than 680.
I am an international student and we don’t have APs/IBs here.
So, as I’ve read on their website another alternative is to:
Complete an appropriate English course at UC with a grade of C or better.
So is it ok if I don’t take the exams but just take one English course at UCD? How difficult is it to pass?</p>

<p>I’d assume that would fulfill the requirement. There are a lot of resources available for English classes. If you use them and work hard, passing shouldn’t be difficult. Do try to aim higher than a C though. It will affect your UC GPA if you end up attending.</p>

<p>It isn’t hard to pass, it is essentially to bring your writing up to standards for the university, so you know how to write sourced papers, essay formats, etc. You likely already know a lot of it, so people like to test out of it, but it is no big deal to take it, either.</p>

<p>My son received a letter today (dated April 2) giving him a time and place to take the AWPE (Analytical Writing Placement Examination) on May 10 (statewide date). The cost is $20.00 and you pay online or via mail. The letter is your admission ticket.</p>