UC deferment chances?

Recently, I found out I’m a semi-finalist for NSLI-Y, a scholarship study abroad program sponsored by the United States (a link for more info http://www.nsliforyouth.org). So there is a chance I may be studying Korean in South Korea for a whole year so i’ll need to defer my enrollment. I applied to UCR, UCI, UCSD, UCLA, and UCB. Has anyone else had success requesting a whole academic year deferment from these schools, if so do you think my reason is enough, or do any of you think I have a chance to request one to these schools (that is if they accept me). I did apply as a Korean major st UCI and UCLA and as a Japanese major for UCB, UCR, and UCSD and talked about languages in my essays so i think I have that going for me: how dedicated I am to learning a new language. So as for reason for deferment I’m set.

UC’s rarely grant deferrals (mainly for military service), so you would have to check with your choice UC if and when you get accepted. Most likely you would have to take a Gap year and reapply.