UC ELC

<p>Hello, this is my first post and I just had a quick question regarding the UC ELC which I received literally a day ago. So from my understanding, this ELC form was given to me due to my rank of being the top 9% of my class in my school and that I am legible and guaranteed to attend ONE UC school, whether it be Merced, Riverside, etc. Other than that, I am not sure how else it benefits me, if there are any other benefits. I really wish to attend Irvine as I graduate in 2015. Are there any specific things I should know when applying as a student with ELC or what tests to take besides the SAT and ACT to increase my chances of Irvine? Thank you! Any extra info would be a great help as I lack knowledge about the ELC.</p>

<p>Depending upon your major, UCI recommends SAT Subject tests for STEM majors. Math 2 and a science subject tests ( Chem,Bio or Physics). No other benefits other than you will be more competitive since you are in the top 9% of your class. Just maintain your GPA preferably 4.0+ and have good test scores. Good Luck!</p>