UC Eligibility

<p>I am kind of confused on how the eligibility works. For example, if someone made it into the top four percent, does that mean that they are guaranteed to go to UC Davis despite whether they have a competitive major or not? Is it possible to get guaranteed into a more competitve school such as UC Berkeley or UCLA?</p>

<p>I’m not positive but i think it’s that if you’re top 4% you’re guaranteed into UC Davis but not necessarily into your chosen major? And UC Berkeley and UCLA generally don’t do the guaranteed ELC stuff. They didn’t this year from what I know. I’ve only gotten guaranteed acceptance from UCSB, UC Davis, UCI, UC Merced, UCR, and i think UC Santa Cruz</p>

<p>I believe Berkeley does not participate in the system… of guaranteeing a top 4% student a spot.
(someone correct me if I am mistaken)</p>

<p>If you are within the top 4% of your class, then you are guaranteed a spot in one of the UC schools. You can’t choose which campus but you’re just guaranteed to get into one of the UC’s.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks. :D</p>

<p>In previous years, the ELC guarantee schools were SB, Irvine, Davis, Riverside…</p>

<p>Cal & UCLA will never be guarantee schools, not is it likely that SD will either.</p>

<p>i did not know of this program, but good luck. </p>

<p>everyone i know in my school that was top 10% got into davis though. so you should have a decent shot</p>

<p>So, does the eligibility only count for your sophomore and junior year? For us, in our sophomore year, we can barely take any AP/ honors classes. I think most of us kind of have the same grade right now. Does that mean that all of us even if there is more than the four or nine percent can get guaranteed to a UC?</p>